Day 1

Options
I just started today and I am soooo hungry! How did you all survive the first few days? I am hoping to find some people to journey with me!

Replies

• tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The first week is tough, but trust me, stick with it! My husband and I started this program back in August and I have never felt better. I have struggled finding the food that I like, but once I did, it has been great. It has helped me as far as a huge lifestyle change of eating habits so that makes it really worth it. I will send you a friend request so we can help each other out!
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Medifast Family! The first couple days are the hardest. Some things you could do is up your water intake or try munching on pickles, they help to curb your appetite.

Just stick with the program and you will have amazing results.
  • e2b130
    Options
    The first few days are def the hardest. My center said it was okay to add an additonal medifast meal---that worked for me. I added a soup ---hot liquids may make you feel full longer, the soup requires more water in prep so it looks like a normal meal, and add the medifast crackers (counts as snack).
    Adding more cups of water to the plan never works for me---it makes my stomach feel full but the brain is not satisfied. Sometimes...adding a flavor booster (crystal light or the medifast antioxidants) helps but overall try to push past the hungry days.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ah welcome to day 1 ! It's a weird transition and you'll adjust in a few days, but don't be alarmed if you feel hungry the first couple days. I second Kaitie, drink extra water or snack on some light stuff (I snacked on celery since it has basically nothing in it).