Stalls

Options
stlhrs
stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
So, I'm finishing up week 3 and everything is going well. No stalls or missed reps; but I know they are coming.

I'm wondering when people experienced their first stalls on each of the lifts. I've heard the Press is usually the first.

Thanks!

Replies

• snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 11, and I haven't had one yet. Frankly, I've surprised myself by lasting longer than I thought I would without a stall. They've gotta be coming up, though. The lifts are becoming way brutal.

Keep at it! You'll get stronger faster than you think, and lift heavier than you thought you could.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 28, but I've taken two 2-week breaks in there due to injury or illness.
    The press was my first stall at 95 lbs. I'm switched to 3x5 now and I'm still stalling at 110 lbs. I've deloaded on the other exercises, but nothing else has switched to 3x5 yet although it's coming real soon.
    Rows are stalling at 155. I have to force myself to maintain form and not cheat them up.
    Bench press is stalling at 150.
    My squats are stalling at 230.
    I did a huge voluntary deload on my deadlifts and squats to work on my form after tweaking myself a bit at 280 lbs on the deadlift. I just worked back up to 280 today and completed my set without issue. I'm using chalk and an alternating grip now. I think grip will be the fail point on this one and I'm probably getting close to a stall but it's amazing how much the chalk and alternating grip helps.
    After you get to your limit, progress is really slow. I'm thinking about getting some fractional plates because a 5 lb just is just too much once you're at your limit.
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    On week 9 now and had my first stall: OP @ 110 (4/5/3/4/4).

All other lifts are doing well. I think squat may be next. I'm at 185 and the last couple of each set are TOUGH.