Protein Powder

Options
Hi All! So, I just had an adjustment (2 weeks ago) and my band is tight. I am hoping it lessens in severity soon. . I am able to get down plenty of liquids, but having difficulty with solids right now. My question is what is the best protein powder you have found, and what do you mix with it? Thanks!! :)

Replies

• karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking Silk Vanilla Lite with Unjury Chocolate Splendor - it's just like a milkshake!
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have 2 favorite brands:

Unjury - any flavor

Total Nutrition's Intek Evolution - Cookies 'n Cream and their Orange Cream Protein Powders.

Any of the store brand names gave me gas or an upset stomach. The Intek Evolution and Unjury are both easy to digest and taste good. Not gritty. I generally mix the cookies and cream, or sweet flavors with Skim Milk. When I'm mixing a fruity flavor I mix with whatever Crystal Lite drink I have handy.

Good luck!

Lisa
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    While I've not had a too tight problem yet, from everything I've read and heard from those that have, your band should never be so tight over a period of days that you can't take in solids. You may have a problem at a certain time of day or with certain foods, but tight should not be the norm. Before you have any long term damage I recommend you get into your doctor for a slight unfill.
  • jamers1949
    Options
    Unjury is good mixed with cinnamon and coffee
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I really like most of the Fit Frappes protein powders by Big Train. I like the Vanilla Latte Click. I also like the Iced Coffee Chike, as well as the Orange Creme, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Banana Chike. I don't tolerate most others.
  • sgmcat
    sgmcat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Unjury is good with any liquid. Be sure that hot liquids are not over 140 F.
    I also like the Gladiator shakes from Smoothie King. They are wonderful and you can chose two fruit to mix in them. (Yes these were recommended by my doctor!)
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am partial to the Bariatric Advantage protein powders. They mix easily in a shaker cup and taste delicious. You can add them to just about anything too. Sometimes I mix mine with plain water or use almond milk. One scoop is 27 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbohydrates, and only 160 calories. They come in chocolate, strawberry, banana, iced latte, unflavored, and orange cream. The orange cream tastes like a dreamsicle and even my kids love them. Wouldn't change brands for anything.
  • BrwnEyedGrl1987
    Options
    Having had to be on a full liquid diet for almost 3 weeks, I know how you feel.

The shakes I was drinking were the Pure Protein Shakes by World Wide Sport. I got them at The Vitamin Shoppe. There's 6 different flavors and all of them have 35g of protein. The calorie range is different but I don't think they go above 130 calories. Another good thing is that have no more than 1g of sugar.

I also like the Protein Powder from About Time. It tastes like I'm drinking Chocolate milk. This you can only get online but you can get sample packets before buying a whole tub of it. This powder has 24g of protein per serving. It's also 100% Whey Protein Isolate which is something you want when looking at ingredients.

Hope this helps.
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I drink Nectar and buy it from the Vitamin Shoppe. So yummy. Some I mix with milk, others with water.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I second the Nectar! I love that not all their flavors are creamy and that you can mix them with water. I use both the Nectars and NutraBio (both are 100% whey protein isolates), and I get them online since I can find better prices. I switch between the creamy ones for smoothies and the Nectar one which taste like crystal light! Only suggestion for the Nectar is that you find a sample pack and try them - some flavors are delicious and others are ick lol
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use the Bariatric Advantage UNFLAVORED I don't like anything too sweet and the flavored protein powder seems too sweet for me. With the unflavored you can add anything to it to make your own drinks. I mix mine with water and I especially like to put some decaf instant coffee granules in the water before adding the protein powder, it makes a great latte flavor and is of a thick consistency if you only use 8 oz. of water. In the summer I poured it over ice for an iced latte that rivals Mc Donalds iced coffee.You can mash some strawberries or bananas (I blend them in the water before adding the protein powder for a fruity shake. Some Orange flavoring and a splash of vanilla make a Orange cream tasting drink. They even sell root beer flavoring. Check out all the extract flavors in the baking aisle and get creative.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a caffeine junkie and just got my Click Vanilla Latte. Love Love Love this protein powder.