Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for motivating friends

cdiele
cdiele Posts: 34 Member
I will soon be leaving my 40's (April 2013) and moving into my 50's (yikes) and I want to be in the best shape of my life when I hit the BIG 5-0. Over the course of my 40's I've slowly put on 25 pounds and have lost some pounds over the last 10 years, but never really kept it off. Losing weight in my 40's has been so challenging, but I really like the community feel of MFP so I am looking for as many motivating friends as I can to help support me in my journey and hopefully encourage others in their journey too! :smile:

Replies

• CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Hi. 47 here - gained a lot over the past 4 years but have been able to take it off - just hit goal yesterday, thanks to this awesome community (and a little hard work). Honestly, the community has been the biggest factor in being able to stick with it - could have never done it without the support of the wonderful people here. Staying on MFP to focus on fitness, maintenance, general health. Sending FR. :smile:
  • I too would love some new motivating friends - it really does help!!!! I sent you a friend request!
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Hi there- I sent you a friend request as well. Victoria
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Hi there

I'm 43 but feel more like 30! since joining this site a couple of weeks ago I feel like I'm getting my energy and lust for life back - wayhay!
    I've got a long, long way to go, but the weight didn't just 'appear' overnight, it's taken me years to achieve this 'physique' :-)
    Just in the short time I've belonged to MFP i've met some really nice, supportive people and we help each other to keep going.
    It's a lovely feeling to know you are not alone.
    You can add me as a friend if you like :-)
  • Vicki_Tx
    Vicki_Tx Posts: 14 Member
    I just joined and am in the 40's club too :) I need some motivation, so everyone please feel free to friend me. I don't want to be the typical gain weight as I get older person, but that is exactly what is happening! Help!
  • I am 46 and I can tell you that working alone and living alone, I have every excuse possible to blow off exercising. However, since joining MFP I have lost and maintained a few pounds, but more than that, I am becoming healthier and stronger. I can now run 3 miles on my treadmill on an incline at 4.0mph. It may not sound like much, but I started out barely being able to run a half a mile.
    I"m doing my first 5k mud run in a week and a half and actually am looking forward to it.
    I am at my target weight for my age and height, but I really need to tone up. This site has changed my views on reading the scale, versus becoming stronger and gaining muscle. My next step is to start doing weights on a regular basis and change my shape.
    Anyone, please feel free to add me....logging in your exercise and having your friends tell you "way to go" and "good job" helps keep the consistency, especially when you are working out alone.
    Good luck to everyone! If you search this site you will find quite a few "40s and 50s folks"..made me realize that my age should not be an excuse.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Hi,

I''m 48. I've also noticed that it's been difficult to lose weight over the years, even with exercise. Plus I have a hypothyroid which doesn't help.

I try to eat healthy and exercise at least 3 times a week. I've had to increase my exercise to 4-5 times a week, I found that 3 times a week wasn't doing much. I tend to slack a little on weekends which hinders my progress.

I'm looking for more friends here on MFP for motivation so please add me.