Hiccups?!

Options
ErinShannon
ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
I get hiccups a lot now - usually after eating. As nuts as it may sound, it seems like it coincides with when I feel "full" and I stop eating. Am I imaging the connection or is there something to it?

Replies

• JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    May be from overfilling the pouch.
  • ErinShannon
    Options
    May be from overfilling the pouch.

That is what I was wondering. Doesn't happen with every meal and strangely enough typically only dinner - I can't honestly remember it happening with breakfast or lunch. But it's always when I am starting to feel like I've eaten enough and am stopping.
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thats always how i know i have eaten too much..:laugh:

i get the hiccups and my family laughs at me. just one of the little quirks that come with the territory! :happy: Been that way for me for almost 2 years now.
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Cool! I have always said God should have installed a "full" gauge on us... hiccups work! Hopefully not too painful though
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is my cue that I am done :). Love the Hiccups!!!
  • Christopher4WeightLoss
    Options
    I notice that if I get the hiccups, that I better stop eating immediately! Yesterday I hiccupped and I knew that it was too late, 20 minutes later it was coming back up. I was probably eating too fast for the hiccups to warn me in advance.
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I notice that if I get the hiccups, that I better stop eating immediately! Yesterday I hiccupped and I knew that it was too late, 20 minutes later it was coming back up. I was probably eating too fast for the hiccups to warn me in advance.

yeah i have gotten that too. sometimes i eat faster than i should and the hiccups are too little too late! :sad:
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I was getting hiccups, my doctor said it was related to syncopy and I was re-admitted and found to have an abscess....and this was 3 weeks post-surgery.

I'd get it checked out to be safe.

I haven't had hiccups since the abscess was drained, come to think of it.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Saw my NUT today, funny this topic came up...eating too much too fast was her opinion on that and a sign to watch out for. She siad most common at dinner because we are usually eating with family, jabbering away with kids or spouse and not fully concentrating on speed or chewing.
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you chew really well and eat slowly and QUIT when you are starting to feel full this doesn't happen. I had that problem and found out quickly not to overfill the pouch. Besides the hiccups the pain from filling the pouch makes me behave. I laughed at the comment that hiccups were a "full gauge"..it's true. I eat and wait a few minutes before trying to eat more, when I do this I find I feel that I am full. So instead of eating all I have taken on my plate, I wait a bit before taking another bite. This has helped stop the hiccups.
  • ErinShannon
    Options
    Luckily I haven't gotten sick or had any pains with it, so I think I've stopped in time!
  • WandaFisch57
    Options
    I'm 2 years out from RNY gastric bypass and the hiccups are still my full gauge! :wink: