We can do it!

Options
stehmari
stehmari Posts: 110 Member
It is definetely tough! I am hoping to teach my body endurance, to teach my mind ease, and my heart peace. I am tired of being overweight. Im a registered nurse and i recently relocated. i got hired at a hospital but had to complete a physical agility test. I have failed it twice. position was revoked until i pass it. im frustrated especially because bmi is a part of the test. i feel like i was discriminated against. it was a wake up call and i answered it. ill be 30 in february and i just moved to the beach...my incentives being the healthiest i have been for my 30th then i have been in my 20s and wear a nice bathing suit this summer.

Thanks for the group! I'll need encouragement im sure, and i love to encourage others!

Replies

• wildfirefly1
    Options
    Just joined this group to. Been out of shape for a while now and just keep doing bits and pieces but time to get serious. Just done my first day of level one. It's a killer. Definitely a challenge where encouragement will come in handy :happy:
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is my 4th time starting the 30DS so hopefully with this group i'll stick to it this time.

Hello ladies :) *waves*
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    This is my first time doing 30 day shred, and so far I love it. I've just completed day 1, level 2, But I am keen to follow through til the end of the year (with a little rest day around my friend's wedding in a couple of weeks. It;s always great to draw motivation from others doing the programme, too.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    One thing I am having trouble with is eating my exercise calories because i workout so late then it's time for bed. ( I have a 9mth old baby that still wakes up 2-3 X night). I need my sleep whenever I can get it.

After I am ready for bed I get ravenous.

My Heart rate monitor broke, and I don't know exactly how many calories I burn while 30 DS, but on average it's 300 cals +.

I need to eat something filling before the workout so I don't feel like i'm hungry post workout.

Suggestions??

~Brenda~
  • mann17
    mann17 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey you guys I have just finished my 30 shred and i feel great after completing it. However, I feel that it did not give me the results I wanted. It was a great experiance and I do feel more fit, so thats good lol. Now im going to move on to P90X hopefully it gives me the results that i want. :)
    Good luck on your journey and don`t give up!!!
  • Cookie0914
    Cookie0914 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 DS once before but didn't stick to it. I started Insanity but didn't stick to it...actually I didn't make it past day 2. I started Body Revolution but didn't stick to it...but I lasted longer than I thought I would. I was seeing results with BR but life happened and now I'm trying to get back on track. I've been seeing awesome results with 30DS so I've decided to give it another try. I CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • helloitsali
    helloitsali Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i just joined this group. last year i started the 30DS and it was great but i fell of the wagon and now want to start again!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    One thing I am having trouble with is eating my exercise calories because i workout so late then it's time for bed. ( I have a 9mth old baby that still wakes up 2-3 X night). I need my sleep whenever I can get it.

After I am ready for bed I get ravenous.

My Heart rate monitor broke, and I don't know exactly how many calories I burn while 30 DS, but on average it's 300 cals +.

I need to eat something filling before the workout so I don't feel like i'm hungry post workout.

Suggestions??

~Brenda~

Try eating some cheese or vegetables at night if your hungry!! Even drink a glass or 2 of water and that'll help with some of the cravings....

As far as meals before you work out you kind of have to play around. I normally work out right after breakfast sometime before lunch. I'll have some peanut butter, or almonds, just nothing to heavy because I'll get sick!!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I did L2 D2 last night.

I am going to try eating some nuts or something to see how that goes.

~Brenda~