Guess I am single again.................

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
So, the bf sent a text tonight saying that we have nothing in common and he is not feeling a connection, so he doesn't want to lead me on..................... very sad for me as I did not see this coming AT ALL!!!

Heartrbroken, but will heal eventually....................

Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    awww :(

Sorry!

I am glad you have a positive attitude, though.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    sorry that sucks....I am curious, how long you were dating? You said the BF broke up with you but he did it over text. If I am in a relationship with a woman and she is my no **** gf, im not going to end things over text.
    If we had been out a few times and I felt no connection text is fine.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    sorry that sucks....I am curious, how long you were dating? You said the BF broke up with you but he did it over text. If I am in a relationship with a woman and she is my no **** gf, im not going to end things over text.
    If we had been out a few times and I felt no connection text is fine.

I'm sorry to hear that! But I am curious... to consider him a BF but then to have him break up with you via text is weird...do you think that you both considered the relationship much differently? AKA not on the same page.
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry./ I really don't get text dumping, especially if it got to the point of actual commitment. I was dating a girl maybe about a month and got a text dump, nothing serious really happened so I kind of shrugged it off. However, I still wished she had enough maturity to actually say something rather than text.
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Aw, Moe...I'm so sorry. The blindsides are the worst. I know words don't really help, but we're all here for ya. And way to go on the great attitude!!! You rock! :flowerforyou:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this!!! My last serious relationship was ended via text as well. It killed me because we had just laughed about his teenage son doing the same a month earlier, and about how times had changed. Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.... (we had been dating a little over 4 months). He tried getting back together later, but the act of breaking up via text sealed his fate for me.

Keep your chin up and be the bigger person!!! :flowerforyou:
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I feel for you as this was me a couple of months ago.

Away on a business trip, got a text that we just wouldn't work out, and she was going to try to mend things with her ex husband.

This was 4 months into the relationship and I was completely blindsided as well. Hang in there, it hurts.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Texting is death to romance, intelligence and grammar.

Sorry by the way!
  • Katefab26
    Options
    I am so sorry :-(

Hugs!
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A TEXT?!?!?! A TEXT BREAKUP?!?! This guy is clearly a coward and a douche bag. Sorry to put it so bluntly. Hang in there, you'll find much better :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    A TEXT?!?!?! A TEXT BREAKUP?!?! This guy is clearly a coward and a douche bag. Sorry to put it so bluntly. Hang in there, you'll find much better :)
    this. that totally sucks. :frown:
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Text breakups seem to be a fairly common thing now, they are so cold and crappy. I'm really sorry that happened to you too.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm the odd one here but the last two times someone broke up with me one did it via text and the other asked me to come to her place so we could talk. She lived 35 minutes away. Not only did I have to wonder what was so important for the entire 35 minute drive, I wasted 70 minutes driving round trip and 20 minutes talking about how messed up she was and how it's not me it's her blah blah blah. When I got dumped via text I replied with "are you sure?" went to the gym and worked out until I was sore and got rid of some of the disappointment. I think I'd rather be broken up with via text.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Moe, I'm so sorry to hear that. :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm the odd one here but the last two times someone broke up with me one did it via text and the other asked me to come to her place so we could talk. She lived 35 minutes away. Not only did I have to wonder what was so important for the entire 35 minute drive, I wasted 70 minutes driving round trip and 20 minutes talking about how messed up she was and how it's not me it's her blah blah blah. When I got dumped via text I replied with "are you sure?" went to the gym and worked out until I was sore and got rid of some of the disappointment. I think I'd rather be broken up with via text.

I personally would rather be broken up with a phone call where he tells me reasons why... but I remember when i was thinking of how to tell a guy I was no longer interested...I wanted to invite him to lunch and explain it... the OVERWHELMING response in this group was not to waste his time taking him out but to just shoot him a "it won't work" text.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    To those that asked..... we were exclusive and had been for 3 months... last week he asked if I would be interested in going to Maine. With him over the summer on Friday we were talking about a present from me for his daughters birthday ( Dec 21) so very strange the way it happened.....
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Texting is death to romance, intelligence and grammar.

U r so rite!

--P
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    After 3 months he owes you more than a text!!! :grumble:

I dont mind the test thing after 3 or 4 dates. But when you're on your way to building a relationship, poofing and texting just sucks!

However, I guess he just didnt have the heart (or balls) to tell you to your face. It IS very difficult telling someone, so I can understand the 'easy' way out.

Moe, I'm really sorry hun, but you are a fab lady and I'm sure someone will swoop you up soon :flowerforyou:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I agree 100% with you. I'd rather be broken up via text than in person or on the phone. A text message is quick, clean, and gets the message across. Much better than a slow, drawn out, awkward conversation in person.

I'd liken it to taking a band-aid off. Would you rather rip it off quickly or slowly?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I broke up with my last boyfriend via text while he was on vacation. Yeah I am that *****. The thing is it was a long distance relationship and our main way of communicating was via text. I actually think he passively agressively broke up with me prior to that but couldn't really truely poof so I just put the nail in the coffin.