Exercise - What are you all up too?

Options
Morning, hope you all had a great weekend ! I am starting the Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 program today. I use to do turbofire and Insanity however I have lost a lot of fitness and think a circuit style training which incoerpates cardio, strength using weights and abs will be my best bet in shaping my body.

What are you doing to improve your fitness and to shape up? What has been working for you and what you all enjoyed?

Thanks

Laura

Replies

• P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love doing a mix of things, it stops me from getting bored and from my body getting to used to one exercise. Throughout the week I do a mix of running, kettlebells, boxing and circuit training.

The most beneficial has been the kettlebells, it's helped tone and shape my body up like nothing else :smile:
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    Treadmill walking 5 days a week 4-5 miles, weights 2-3 days a week :heart:

My hubby used to coach and got all the gym equipment when they remodeled a school he worked for SO we have loads of equipment at home. Helps with the big boys extra energy.

I use the treadmill 5 days a week, walk 4.0 and run 5.0 to 6.0 for 4 miles watching a netflix show (why did Mistresses end LOL) and then use weights for squats, lunges and such 3 days a week, been a bit off on that one and I know it makes a difference so trying to get back into habit on the weights.

My hubby is a certified ACE trainer and swears by high intensity bursts to get metabolism up, running hard and then walking,w eights, running hard and so on. Me I just can't always find the energy at the end of the day for that type of workout, rather have a cuppa with a book. BUT the consistent walking has kept the pounds from coming back on so I know it is a good form of exercise for me!!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am enjoying walking, whether outdoors or indoors using my Leslie Sansone videos. I have other videos that I plan on starting to do: Pilates and Yoga. I need to fix my treadmill, it runs fine but every now and then the belt jerks and I am afraid to let go on it as I may face plant off the monitor. Yikes! When I get this fixed, I want to look into starting the Couch to 5K. Probably too ambitious, but hey, I won't know until I try.
  • BrightonBelle
    BrightonBelle Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Outdoor walking and cardio-type classes at the gym. I'm constantly achey but it's starting to get better!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ive just been walking lots :)
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love walking too its a very effective workout x
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I workout at home with a mix of workout dvds or youtube videos, 4 days a week!
    At the moment I'm rotating insanity workouts, JM fat boost metabolism, blogilates (youtube) and befit (youtube).
    All these workouts are circuit style and I love the challenge they give my body!
    No workouts have made me sweat like this and in the comfort of my own home its perfect for me!

I think because I'm working out at home I will probably be able to remain consistent over the holiday period!