Goals!!

Options
What are your goals and what are you doing now to reach them? I am currently doing a program called Body Beast!! I started a couple of weeks ago and love it so far! I've went through P90X and Insanity in the past to get in better shape, and my current goal is to put on lean muscle mass. My daily calorie goal is 2,800 (for gaining weight) and consists of 50% carbs, 30% Protein, and 20% healthy fats.

I realize that everyone has different goals, mine is to gain muscle right now, whereas yours may be to lose weight, or tone up. When I was doing previous programs I was on the other end of the spectrum, and was trying to shed fat.

Replies

• Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My goal for right now is just to get started and stick to it!!! I have major issues with keeping on task- most days I just dont feel good and so nothing happens....but I know if I cleaned up my eating habits and got moving I would feel better- I used to exercise everyday and felt great! I just dont seem to have the umph to get going anymore so I need some help please....
  • msmeka77
    msmeka77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to just change my eating habits and stick with it. Usually, I will start and give up when I down get the results I am looking for. Thanksgiving was bitter sweet to me. At one point I had to use the restroom so I walked in and there was a full length mirror on the back of the door. I didn't notice it until I had washed my hands and was leaving out. A light went off in my head and I saw me. I saw all the areas on my body that just disgust me. I said to myself that this was the last Thanksgiving that I was going to be fat.
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get the rest of my weight off and make it stay off. I lost 75 pounds and then gained almost 30 back due to a lot of stressors and job issues. I am in a great place now, I just got engaged, I am loving my new city and my new life. I just need to get back on track and get all my weight off so I can look amazing in my wedding dress in 543 days, 3 hours, 38 mins...(not that I'm counting or anything haha) I have my goal and now it's just a matter of sticking to it and getting it done. No more excuses!
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I feel I can relate to mistyblu08: I have no oomph either to exercise.

A lot of it is due to chronic insomnia coupled with medications that have a sedating effect. So, I can't sleep at night when I want to, and when I want to be awake during the day, I'm like a Zombie.

My goals include the following:

1. To lose approximately 60 pounds

2. To reduce my BMI to the healthy range (I am currently in the "obese" category)

3. To reduce my body fat to a healthy range for a woman (currently 49%)

4.To gain more energy and zest for life

5. To learn my way around the weight room and feel confident being there

6. To complete the C25K program

7. To remember that this is not a quick-fix, but an ongoing way of life

And lastly, to make friends/accountability partners.

What am I doing to reach my goals: Watching my calorie intake, reading "The New Rules of Lifting for Women", thinking about exercise (I need to change the "thinking" to "doing"), talking with great people from this site
  • spokey82
    Options
    I have always believed that getting started is extremely hard to do, and the first week or so takes a lot of discipline in sticking to a routine. Once I get passed that initial hurdle I enter the stage where I've put enough effort into it that I feel terrible if I miss a day. I was 35 days into the program I'm currently doing (Body Beast) and hurt my lower back putting up a privacy fence at my house. I had to take a week and a half off because a hurt back and weight lifting never mix well. My point is, I felt miserable until I could get back to it and was worried all of my hard work so far would go to waste. Thankfully it didn't and I'm cruising right along again :) My outlook has always been that there is no better day to start then tomorrow. If we don't, tomorrow will turn into the next day, and the next day into next month :0)
  • xxmishellyxx
    Options
    I want to start and stick to it. I have given up way too many time. And have just hit my heaviest ever weight. I want to get my BMi into a heathy range or t least down.
  • sjj725
    sjj725 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose 85 lds but 2014. I also want to learn healthier eating and cooking habits so I can teach my daughter
  • GWSGregS
    GWSGregS Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me, the hardest thing is staying on track long enough to make good choices a habit. I'm hoping that by reading what everyone else is doing on a daily basis and connecting with a few friends, I can have the regular reminders I need to stick to it.

I'm going to start by looking short term, which is why this group is perfect for me. My goal is to make daily exercise a habit and lose 15 pounds by Jan 1.

Thanks for starting the group. I'm excited to get started.
  • KB1127
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight gradually this time the right way.
    To do some form of exercise everyday for at least an hour.
    And when I feel like giving up reminding myself I am doing it me!
  • knormandin64
    Options
    My goal is to ignore the plateau, and keep working to lose the last 5 pounds. I'm realizing that I sabotage my progress whenever I get this close. So I'm looking for daily motivation to start the 2013 in maintenance mode! I'm also going to increase my strength training - I'd be interested in hearing what you all do with weights.
  • geisharunner219
    Options
    My goal is to stick with it for the rest of the year! I can't tell you how many times I've "restarted" this journey. I've set it up to lose 1 lb a week right now. I feel I'll be more successful at sticking with it at a lower goal. Here's to 2013!!!
  • elleeg19
    elleeg19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    current goal is to get to 155 lbs. currently at 158, long term goal is 150.
    My current work outs, swimming 3 days a wk with wgt training.. Exerise bike 3 days a wk with pliates after . If the rain starts and makes the pool too cold then I will pull out my beachbody work outs, I do have P90x which i do the cardio. I prefer the p90 wgt training however and it is what i am doing now. I also have a treadmill which I will be weaving into the stream of things. Food wise I do best when I cook , stir frying veggies with rice and pasta are my favorites.. I made diary is open to read and help keep me accountable. I usually meet my goals and Ihave done this before, originally losing 35lbs with wgt watchers but keeping it off long term is the hardest for me. So please friend me if you are new to the group and all suggestions are welcome. Challenges too!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    My current goals are to :
    get stronger
    fitter and faster
    tone up and make my body more defined
    gain lean muscle.

I'm pretty happy with my weight. I'd like to lose about 1-2 kg of fat and pick up about 1-2 kg of muscle. My eating plan at the moment is to try and eat the most nutritious food that I can and to have a balanced diet.As I learn more about nutrition and health, I'll be supplementing my diet. At the moment, I'm doing Insanity Asylum Vol 1. I'll be doing that in January with the addition of P90X stretching which I'll use to replace Relief.For February, I'm planning on doing a Callanetics/Insanity Asylum hybrid. After that, I want to do TurboFire. I want to try and get as many of the programs as I can and test them out. I suppose that you could say I'm getting fit, to get fit next year lol! I'm using whatever is available to me at the specific time. As I get more knowledge, equipment etc, I'll throw it in the mix.

I don't want to just be strong or fit for a girl - I just want to be strong and fit.

By the way, to the admin, your discipline is fantastic ! Your write up and profile made me join this group. To juggle so much and STILL work out hard - I applaud you. It's an inspiration.
  • Sheymarie417
    Sheymarie417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My goals are for me are to weigh 150, fit into a size 10 jeans, feel happie and healthier than i do now. I wanna prove to myself that i can do this.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Don't give up this time is my main goal. I lost all motivation after I had my daughter last year and I don't want the same thing to happen this year.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    To stick to clean eating and making proper choices. To make myself and my running important enough that it is not the first thing sacrificed.
  • gabbybella27
    gabbybella27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been working out like forever , my weight goes up and down , I want to reach my goal and stay at it this year which is 135.lbs. I am a stay at home mom i do find the time to workout my problem is my spouse travel alot for work we take too meany trips on those trips i eat out and dont workout out , I gain weight super fast , My goal is to get my workout in when we are on vacations.