I need support and more paleo or primal friends

Options
Merci444
Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
I did wonderfully on the Whole 30 and I think it was largely because it is so structured and I tend to have an easy time with that kind of thing (even though for me I think so strict is not as sustainable) I really loved it and the way I felt.

Fast forward to now, I haven't lost my drive totally, but I seem to have less willpower than I'd like to have. I had cookies (my daughter baked so they smelled really good) two nights in a row. I find myself mostly craving sweet things.

When things are less strict I seem to have a hard time sustaining it.

I really felt good and lost extra weight when I gave up sweets. I know it is hard during the holidays and I am focusing on maintaining my weight below the 140 mark (which I am afraid I went above since Thanksgiving.) I am happy when I am around 132. I feel so bloated now because of my regular 'slip ups'

I really want some more pale based friends who understand the macros and want to offer and receive support.

xoxo

Replies

• denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am not as strict as some, but always try my best. Feel free to add me.
  • mrsdamr
    mrsdamr Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is a tough time of year. I was doing fantastically before Sandy hit the tri state area - then I had to modify because of necessity, now I am struggling to get back to being strict. I felt so good when I was following, only allowing 1 "cheat" meal a week, I'm not really sure what happened, but I need it back - as well - desperately!!!! Feel free to friend.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm really new to paleo but would love some paleo friends!! I did Whole 30 in November (with a planned Thanksgiving cheat.) I loved it so much, my husband is giving it a try (which I'm so proud of him.) I plan on experimenting with primal and eventually allowing myself one free meal a week. Feel free to add me!
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am usuall really strict and just came (or better will be coming) out of a whole60 tomorrow. Feel free to add me. I have been primal/paleo fully since March this year and am still trying to find the perfect balance in my diet, but I think my choices are mostly really good. Looking forward though to try and reintroduce protein powder after whole60.... just so convenient... ;o)
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You can add me - my diary is open - BUT i just started journaling again after taking the summer off. So right now it isn't fully strict Primal as the holidays are around and my co-workers are leaving treats like rolos...and they scream "eat me...eat me" (although i appreciate being only given one wrapped one vs a whole roll....) I figure getting back into journaling will help me to say 1-2 rolos - OK - 5-6 not OK....and make me think twice this holiday season - especially when it comes to things with carbs (I do so much better on a low carb platform)
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I did my first whole30 in Sept and am pretty consistent with keeping to a paleo diet. My husband and I are doing our second whole30 in Jan.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    add me if you like!! I am 5 weeks in and just starting to get the hang of it!! :happy: and my diary is open and i am very strict, except for my wine...I know..I know....but other than that strict paleo. :laugh:
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just remember this is a journey. Don't let a couple of cookies get you down. Do a whole7 for a mental reset, maybe.

What also helps me is to ask myself if the treat is "the best version" of it's kind. If the answer is no, it's easier to skip. If the answer is yes, then it's a true treat.
  • Merci444
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support and I have added you all. My diary is open, and I used to be really religious about making asure I recorded each day and lately I have been leaving some days incomplete, but that's why I need support.

When I had the cookies, it was like I released a huge cookie monster, haha. I wanted more and I even considered having some of her cookie dough (yuck!)

Maybe a whole 7 is in order ;)

I am pretty stocked up on snacks like berries, nuts and veggies. I also am stocked up on some meats. Sometimes I miss frozen meals because of the ease. I <3 Trader Joe's Indian food meals.
  • ElloSweetie
    ElloSweetie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey :P I sent you a friend request.

I didn't know about Whole 30 until this thread. I just looked it up- I actually did exactly a Whole30 from Sept25th to the beginning of November. Im still close to it now, except I make myself coconut flour bread. Going Paleo is literally the best thing I've ever done for myself. Lost 40 pounds, my blood pressure went from an average of 145/98 to 114/74. My skin cleared up. The biggest one for me is that I was SEVERELY depressed before this. It was ruining me. I feel almost like a different person- happier, less anxious, more relaxed.

I'd love more Paleo friends :P
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone in this group can, actually). I am more strict than most but that is what helps me feel the best so I stick with it :)
    I eat a higher ratio of fat, moderate protein, and lower carb (under 50g most days, never any more than 100).
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have been easing into Primal eating over the past year and am enjoying the journey so far. I didn't rush into it as I have a great record for giving up on things related to diet in the past.

I didn't start by removing everything not Primal from the pantry, but when something was used up I just didn't replace it. Gradually over time I only had the right foods in the house so had no choice but to cook Primal meals.

The best part is that I can go hours now without thinking about food, and only realize how hungry I am when I sit down to eat.

I'm not 100% Primal and am not sure that I ever will be, but I don't think I'll every go back to eating grains and very processed food etc, again as the health benefits from this way of eating are fantastic.

I do like my dark chocolate and red wine, and I love to share a slice of cake ( big half for husband, small half for me ) when out for coffee :wink:

I have an open diary so feel free to add me
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm fairly strict, but leave a tiny bit of space for an occasional treat.
  • CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am brand spanking new to the whole Primal/Paleo lifestyle. Came across it accidentally when I decided to go gluten free for health reasons. I'm trying to be as strict as possible right now as I am learning to change my diet and watch out for the hidden dangers...but I do occasionally slip up.

Happy to have found this group for support!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I should have read this before I wrote my post! You're totally not alone! I did a Wole30 in August and rocked it but have def gotten away from the strictness of it. I've just started logging again not too long ago and I *try* to do well but I'm far from perfect. Feel free to add me:)

I plan on doing another whole30in Jan!
  • Merci444
    Options
    Thank you all :D I've added you all :)

I am a bit upset now because I am dressing for an event and it is evident that I have gained some of the weight back :( I haven't weighed myself. I think I'll wait on that until I am back on track totally so I don't feel so bad.

I appreciate the support, it really helps. I feel good when I eat paleo.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Add me. I only journal about half the time. I primarily just worry with carbs. My journals are pretty representitive of what I typically eat though.
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well and anyone else that wants too. I am two weeks into doing paleo. Going good so far. I log my foods almost everyday, sometimes on the weekend when I don't have easy access to my computer and don't want to take the time on my phone I won't bother, but I try to keep it up today.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I did paleo for 30 days straight and now I try to stay above 85% per doctor's orders to prevent diabetes. I love to bake and I have been using agave nectar and honey for sweeteners, along with almond flour and coconut flour. I definitely feel better. It is difficult to let people know that you have changed your way of eating and don't eat bread, peanuts, dairy, sugar, etc. People ask me if I am still "on my diet?" Nope, just changing the way I eat is all! It is tough to eat out, but I am finding ways to do it. There are lots of recipes on the internet for various foods that you thought you would not be able to eat again. Some are good, some are not!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to work my way up to a primal/paleo-ish diet! No where near there yet, but would love more friends as well!