11/27 Weigh In

Options

Replies

• pickledplatypus
    Options
    I started my (most recent) weight loss this May (May 17, 2012). My starting weight was 189lbs. My current weight (and starting weight for this challenge) is 144lbs. I would like to be 138 by the end of the challenge.

1/27-144lbs.
    12/4-
    12/11-
    12/18-
    12/25-
    1/1-
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP about 3 years ago. While on track I lost 30 pounds and was on my way! Then, life got in the way, we moved 250 miles away into my parents basement with our son and two dogs, bought a foreclosed house and worked our butts off to make it our home and then my Mom and best friend was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Long story short, the last person that I take care of is myself...I'm going to try really hard to change that this time. I need to be able to put myself and my health at the top of the list with everything else. That's why I'm here and I think this challenge is a really great start for me!

11/27-292
    12/4-
    12/11-
    12/18-
    12/25-
    1/1-
  • Timetogetskinny
    Timetogetskinny Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Sylvia from California....

Well, lets see... I started my journey on April 14, 2012., I weighed in at 198.2 pounds. Since then I've lost 35.8 pounds. I've set my goals very HIGH... when I reached my half way mark on October 14th, I was 6.6 pounds away from my goal. I have 34.4 pounds to go and this challenge is just what I needed to get me to where I want to be come January 1st! =D

My starting weight:

11/27 - 162.4
    12/04 -
    12/11 -
    12/18 -
    12/25 -
    1/1

Good Luck to All!!!

WE CAN DO THIS WITH THE HELP AND SUPPORT FROM EACH OTHER!!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jessica and I'm from Michigan :)

I started my weight loss journey in 2009-2010 after having a horrible anxiety attack and finding out I weighted 371 (yikes!), I wasn't very happy about that, but I think after I got a job in the warehouse in 2010 I dropped down below 350 (can't remember the exact weight). In 2011 I went back up to 350, but thankfully I managed to get down to about the mid 320-ish range and below.

11/27 - 322.2 (checked on 11/26 though)
    12/4 -
    12/11 -
    12/18 -
    12/25 -
    1/1 -
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am at my heaviest right now, 154 lbs. (my weight fluctuates up to 5 lbs a day though so numbers are hard - I can tell how I am doing by how my clothes fit). I have been doing MFP for a couple years, but always fall off the wagon. Same with exercise, I will get on a kick, then get a cold or something, and fall off the wagon. My biggest struggle right now is living with my boyfriend. He is super thin and fit, but can eat a lot and likes good stuff (good as in bad). He would be totally supportive if I cooked healthy, but for some reason I don't for us. I only see him Thurs-Fri even though we live together because he works nights. So M-W I will log my eating, etc. but then on the weekend I want to go to breakfast and out to eat and get treats b/c I never see him so it feels like time together. I am hoping a challenge will keep my accountable. I also have been dealing with health problems lately that are getting me really down and not feeling great about my future, so I hope getting back in to the swing of things will at least help somewhat.
  • katers14
    Options
    I am 35 and about 100lbs overweight! I was a 4 sport athlete in high school and played college volleyball. Somewhere along the way I LOST my way. But, I'm here to get back on track!!
    11/27- 276.6
  • NikiDeaf
    NikiDeaf Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm trying to lose weight following a pregnancy. My baby is now 4 months old and I am breastfeeding. I'm not sure how the breastfeeding impacts weight loss. I originally set my calories to 1500 because I was told I need 300 extra calories to nurse but I recently dropped down to 1200 calories this week because I've seen no weight loss. I exercise 5 days a week.

11/27 - 164 lbs
    12/4 -
    12/11 -
    12/18 -
    12/25 -
    1/1 -
  • skinnygrlerica
    skinnygrlerica Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm Erica and I have gained 40 lbs due to the depo shot...oh yeah and no exercise and bad eating lol

I was looking for a group to help me with my new goal today of losing 13 lbs by Christmas, but I'll throw in an extra few lbs just for Jolly Ol St. Nick!! =)

I am just starting my journey as of 11/18/12 and weighed in at 264.

11/27/12--262
    12/4/12--
    12/11/12--
    12/18/12--
    12/25/12--
    1/1/2013

I would absolutely love to be 249 on Jan 1, 2013. My overall goal is to be to 160 by December 31, 2013, so that'll leave me 90 lbs to lose next year! Glad this challenge is goin! See less of you all soon! (I mean less by losin weight!!)

25881396.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and I initially started this journey at 153 lbs, which is the most I've ever weighed. I am only 5 ft 3, and my ultimate goal is to get down to 130. I feel a LOT better than I did at 153 but I am shocked it has taken me almost 5 months to lose 14 lbs (I really don't know why it's taking so long but it's disappointing.) Hoping this challenge will keep me motivated! For this challenge I want to lose 5 lbs, which is definitely going to be difficult for me due to all the birthdays this month and Christmas.

Current weight - 149.4
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :) I'm Jerene and I've been trying to lose weight ever since I hit puberty. I'm 5'4". At my highest, I've weighed over 150lbs. I'm 4 lbs away from my lowest weight right now and I'd love to lose some weight and inches around my thighs and hip area. I'd love to get to about 115 -120lbs. I really want to get down to about 130lbs by 2013, which means about 1lb per week. I've been using MFP religiously for about a month, and even though my body has changed (more toned), the scale hasn't budged much.

Let's all lose some weight and inches together! :)

11/27/12-- 136
    12/04/12--
    12/11/12--
    12/18/12--
    12/25/12--
    1/1/2013--
  • kelly_anne_kelly
    Options
    Hi All- I am 5'4" and weigh 163 lbs., 165 being my highest weight. I was muscular but slim in high school-- no cellulite or tummy pooch. I ate whatever I wanted but was very active. I never used to weigh myself but I believe I was approximately 140-145 lbs when I was looking my best and feeling my most energetic. I was SHOCKED when I got on the scale New Year's Day 2010 and weighed 160 lbs. I still fit into high school clothes but they looked different--my face is wider, arms and legs fluffier, and the dreaded stomach pooch has lodged itself onto me. My friend and I started South Beach, but when I got back to college it was hard to avoid carbs with being broke, going out to eat, drinking, etc. I have been trying to lose 15-20 lbs since that day, but to no avail.

I remain active, and wish I could be more active. I've tried eating healthily and watching portions, cutting carbs, even giving up diet soda, my favorite thing. My weight won't seem to budge, and coolsculpting didn't touch my tummy pooch. It is now less than six months until my wedding and I want my flat tummy back! I hope to be in the low 140s for my wedding day and lose overall inches so I look good (and fit into) my wedding gown!

I have been doing well with MFP for a couple weeks now, but I'm not losing ANY weight yet. It's frustrating, and I wonder if my stressful nightshift job is contributing to the problem. My friends are all thinner than me yet wat less healthy and work out less...it is pretty frustrating. I hope a group will keep me accountable and encouraged throughout the holidays. :smile:
  • mrsberry2012
    Options
    Hi all **waves**

Im BB im 5'4'' currently 165lbs. Found out I was pregnant in october, however it wasnt meant to be and turned out to be a molar pregnancy so ttc is currently on hold. I did put on a litte *ahem* ok alot of weight. So until I get the all clear from the hospital I am going to concentrate on getting myself fit and healthy. Im hoping 2013 is going to be a better year than 2012!!

27/11 - 165
    04/12 -
    11/12 -
    18/12 -
    25/12 -
    01/01 -

Good luck every one xx
  • MsSapphire429
    MsSapphire429 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Everyone...My current weight loss journey began about a month ago, after a health scare. So the timing is perfect for a new start, and a new me.
    Current weight: 349.2 on my 5'7 frame...:noway:
  • Jaywass72
    Jaywass72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody,

My journey to a healthier lifestyle started in July but became serous in the last month. I don't want my weight to be the excuse for not participating life. I have been working out to the free videos on Fitnessblender.com. I have only lost 13lbs but I feel fabulous!

Current weight: 227
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I decided to loose some weight so I will feel better about myself. I am amazed at all the friendly and supportive people on MFP. I hope with all the wonderful support I have here, I can reach my goal!

Height
    5'2''
    weight
    132 on 11/28/12
  • knormandin64
    Options
    Hi All!
    I weighed the most I ever have last New Year's Day. I've made steady progress this year, but the last 5 pounds seem stuck! I'm 61, at a desk 10 hours a day, but I'm good at daily exercise. Just got a Fitbit Zip to track my steps, and I love it. I'm going to increase my strength training as well. Love the idea of a weekly weigh-in!

Height - 5'3"
    11/28/12--142
    12/4/12--
    12/11/12--
    12/18/12--
    12/25/12--
    1/1/2013--
  • AuntVa1a
    Options
    Hi All!

I had Gastric Bypass in 2006, lost about 97 pounds. Then had a blockage that ultimately ended in my anastemosis (sp?) stretching and I gained pretty much everything back. So I ended up gaining almost everything back until I was 271 pounds again.

I finally had my opening my repaired on October 19, 2012. This is not the same as having the surgery and I still have to be very mindful of what I eat and being physical to try to get all the weight off. So far, I have lost 16 pounds and would like to be down to 240 by January 1.

11/27/2012 - 255
    12/4/2012 -
    12/11/1012 -
    12/18/2012 -
    12/25/2012 -
    1/1/2013 -
  • jaybird110
    jaybird110 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm a bit late but I really wanted to get in on this group. I love the idea of the weekly challenges!
    I am currently in my healthy weight range, but pretty out of shape ever since I started Fall semester in college. I used to be able to run 10 miles and now can barely make it 2! I have asthma and I can tell whenever I'm getting out of shape again - it gets worse! My goal to achieve before 2013 is to get back to being able to run a 5k straight. I am 5' 4, 123 lb. I'm hoping the weekly challenges will help me along the way.
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im a little late but I need to join I need that push to get through the holidays. This was a great idea and it's great motivation :) wish me luck and good luck to all we got this!!!!!

11/28/12
    CW 217
  • arleentis
    arleentis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just joining the group today, but I did weigh in yesterday at 182. My goal is 170-175 by 1/1/2013. I had a gastric band done 4 yrs ago and am now down 103 lbs. I am going to have a tummy tuck so I have to reach this goal by January to be able to schedule it. I want to get it done in April after I complete my 4th half marathon. I will be 52 in February and it definitely gets harder as time goes on. Thanks for setting up this group, I know we will all have success!