Any new moms?

Options
welfeln
welfeln Posts: 58 Member
I had my son 3 months ago and am loving every minute of my new life with him! I was just wondering if there is anyone else here who recently became a new mommy :)

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My son was born 10/24 so I'm not yet cleared to workout but I'm really looking forward to dropping this weight!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    *deleted double post
  • welfeln
    Options
    Congratulations! Yeah, I had to wait until I was 6 weeks pp, but my aapt was technically 7 weeks exactly! I went to the gym the same day because I was just too eager to get back to it! While I've been working out full force since then, I've done almost nothing specifically for my abs because I had to have a c-section. I'm now 14 weeks out and still nervous as heck!
  • AmyRyan84
    AmyRyan84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Had my second son on August 14. 3 Months tomorrow.
  • ljb333
    Options
    I'm a new mom! Had my first baby on June 26 (she's 4.5 months). Just now getting serious about losing these last 18 lbs of pregnancy weight.
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me, Me Me, I'm a new mom of a beautiful 11 week old baby boy named Keegan. He is the light of my life, but in the process of making him perfect I gained a whole 65lbs. I automatically dropped thirty, but now I'm ready to drop the rest.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My amazing daughter is 6 weeks tomorrow. I gained 31 lbs pregnant and as of 3.5 weeks lost about 18 of it. I haven't weighed myself in a while as I don't have a scale.

She really inspires me; she's better with "push ups" than I am. :-)
  • OllysWife
    OllysWife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
    Living the Army Wife life in South Korea! I just had a little boy, Griff on 21 September 2012. He is the apple of my eye! Gained 40 pounds total, 20 of which came off within the first 4 weeks. Now battling the last 20, I have been cleared to exercise for two weeks and already dropped 3 pounds in 9 days (mainly water weight via sweat)! I am so excited to be back in the gym!
    I stopped calorie counting and obsessing as much about a lot of my diet. Instead, I have started 'mixin' and scratchin' different combinations of diet and exercise regimens to blast these last 16 pounds of baby fat. So far I have the following regimen, which give me nice energy levels and doesn't leave me starving.

Breastfeeding + (modified) ABs Diet (2000 kCal diet to continue BF and weight loss) + P90x/ABs Workout + 2-4 miles of running per week = Success! (so far)
  • welfeln
    Options
    Congratulations to you all on your new little ones! Its great to find others who are in the same boat as myself. I have a few good friends who just had babies throughout this year, but since I'm throwing myself into this MFP thing, it's nice to find some friends here who can relate to new mommyhood and losing that stubborn baby weight. :):)
  • koneill99
    Options
    Hi Mommas!! I had my baby girl on June 27th. She's my 3rd but my boys are 13 and 9 so it definitely feels like starting over. I'd love to have the support of other moms as I try to lose this stubborn baby weight and still manage to keep up my milk supply for the little one.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies... I had my son on November 6th, so still several more weeks before I am cleared to workout. Till then just trying to go for walks and eat healthy.
  • RubiePie
    Options
    I had my daughter 9 weeks ago. I started exercising and eating healthy September of last year but got pregnant again in January. I'm done having kids as I have my handsome son (22 months) and my beautiful daughter (2 months) now so it's time to get all this baby weight off for good. I am breastfeeding so I know I can't do extreme workouts but I would definitely love to workout again I'm just not sure what exercises are nursing safe to do.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My baby boy is 5 weeks old! I'm dying to get back to working out, and I'm sure enjoying all my extra breastfeeding calories!

Congrats to all the new mommies!
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just had my 2nd baby girl 10/10/12...am now cleared to work out so I'm trying to get on track here. Glad to find this group!
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My son will be 4 months on the 10th.
  • kikimama125
    Options
    I had my daughter Oct. 4th. I also have a 23 mo. old.

This pregnancy I gained 50 pounds, and dropped 25 right away. I am now 20 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I had a rough pregnancy with lots of bedrest, so I am working hard at the gym to get my muscle and stamina back! It's coming back nicely. I just got cleared for full workouts again. I started back to the gym at 3 weeks pp but I kept it light and listened to my body. I had a c-section so I am still being mindful of my core.

Last pregnancy (also rough, and a c-section) I gained 55 and dropped it all, plus 15 more pounds in about 10 mo. without doing anything but breastfeeding. When I stopped breastfeeding and really got into going to the gym I stalled out but gained a lot of muscle and lost body fat. I also went back to regular BC pills when I stopped breastfeeding. I got my tubes tied so I hope not having to take BC will help me out!

I am breastfeeding again, and pumping enough for another baby....so I am eating a ton to try and get enough calories so my body doesn't hold onto everything. It's hard and I am reaching my goal most days. I have cut down my cardio at the gym and added more weight training so I have less calorie burn to deal with.
  • welfeln
    Options
    My son will be 4 months on the 10th.

My son will be 4 months on the 6th :)
  • welfeln
    Options
    I had my daughter Oct. 4th. I also have a 23 mo. old.

This pregnancy I gained 50 pounds, and dropped 25 right away. I am now 20 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I had a rough pregnancy with lots of bedrest, so I am working hard at the gym to get my muscle and stamina back! It's coming back nicely. I just got cleared for full workouts again. I started back to the gym at 3 weeks pp but I kept it light and listened to my body. I had a c-section so I am still being mindful of my core.

Last pregnancy (also rough, and a c-section) I gained 55 and dropped it all, plus 15 more pounds in about 10 mo. without doing anything but breastfeeding. When I stopped breastfeeding and really got into going to the gym I stalled out but gained a lot of muscle and lost body fat. I also went back to regular BC pills when I stopped breastfeeding. I got my tubes tied so I hope not having to take BC will help me out!

I am breastfeeding again, and pumping enough for another baby....so I am eating a ton to try and get enough calories so my body doesn't hold onto everything. It's hard and I am reaching my goal most days. I have cut down my cardio at the gym and added more weight training so I have less calorie burn to deal with.

That is so awesome that you are nursing and able to do so well with it! I tried and tried and tried but my body just did not want to cooperate with me. It was a very emotional decision to stop and many tears were cried. I give kudos to all moms who do because it is such a wonderful thing for both baby and mom :)
  • luvmybee
    luvmybee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I had my second baby on August 20th. I gained 33 pounds with him, lost 17 right away, then gained 8 of that back :( I've eaten like a pig and really enjoyed it, but now is time to get myself back. I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I'm finding that the 1200 calories per day plus 500 for breastfeeding is still leaving me STARVING. I've been counting calories for 2 days now and I've lost even though I've eaten WAY OVER my calories, so I think I might have to increase it.

Anyone have experience with breastfeeding and losing weight and calories? I see a few of you do. Any advice as to how to not be starving all day yet still lose weight?

My first baby was a micro preemie at a pound, and she now eats from a feeding tube and is special needs, so I have a lot of stress in my life, but I also have a lot of happiness now, so it's hard for me to eat correctly but I know that I need to, and I'm ready.

I lost 52 pounds 4 years ago with weight watchers and gained it all back with the pregnancies and 7 months of bedrest, and stress/emotional eating. I have 70 pounds to lose and I'm ready.

I'm excited to "meet" you all!
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My beautiful angel was born July 25, and I can't wait to loose the weight. She is my 3rd child so I have extra pounds left over from the other 2 as well! lol but I am loved by my family, I just wish I could look the way I did before. But good luck to all us momma's!