New to NROLFW... so excited!

Options
cbart2818
cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
Hi, I am Courtney and I am finally starting this program after month of it collecting dust. (shame on me)

I will be working out at home, and will have to modify a few workouts I think since I won't have a row machine and other cable equipment.

I would love some friends who are actively doing this program! Those who are just starting out, and those who are further ahead!

Lets motivate each other!

Happy Lifting!

Replies

• shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi! i just started the program too but i started on stage 2 because i have been lifting for a while now. so far i like it, but im used to do doing more exercises with more reps, but im just going to see where this takes me! i am going away for a few days on vaca, but planning on bringing the book with me, but i will try to check back in with you when i get back.
    and i am also doing the program at home- only have dumbbells, and just ordered a exercise ball. i've been using my step stool for set ups and other things that require you to raise your leg behind you.
    good luck!! let me know how it suits you!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Good luck Courtney! I think you will love it! I'm halfway through stage 3 but would be happy to be friends.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    good luck with it, i LOVE it....i've just started stage 3 this week, i honestly look forward to every workout i do, which i have NEVER had with any exercise ive done lol...
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    hi! i just started the program too but i started on stage 2 because i have been lifting for a while now. so far i like it, but im used to do doing more exercises with more reps, but im just going to see where this takes me!

High reps make an appearance in stage 7, with a vengeance! Circuits of 4 moves with 15-20 reps each. Killer (in a good way)! :happy:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    hi! i just started the program too but i started on stage 2 because i have been lifting for a while now. so far i like it, but im used to do doing more exercises with more reps, but im just going to see where this takes me!

High reps make an appearance in stage 7, with a vengeance! Circuits of 4 moves with 15-20 reps each. Killer (in a good way)! :happy:

Oh don't forget the two hundred squat and lunges in stage 3. Loving those. NOT! :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out... tomorrow with be my third workout for the week. I am struggling trying to figure out how to use the log but I understand which workouts to do when (at least at this point).
    I have been gaining the same 10-15 pounds every darn year... Hoping this will make a difference. I am also a runner but dealing with a possible meniscal injury right now so have not been able to run, which makes me very unhappy. Thankfully for now the squats/lunges don't seem to bother me.
    Anyone else run??
    I am 47 and hope to lose about 10-15 pounds. Not putting myself on a time frame, I just want it to come off and stay off!
    Feel free to friend me!
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hey guys! so how did you all do in the end? i am actually doing it a second time and doing all the exercises consecutively, not alternating. It's crazy but i like it! hope you're all well!
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am going to be starting it today. Super excited.. :)