Consider my CrAzY idea Thursday!!!

Options
OK friends - I want to share with you an idea that my husband and I have been tossing around for a few days now and have finally decided that we're going to do. I am sharing this with you because aside from my husband, you are the only other group of people I'd like to complete this with!

So....with that said, we're going to give our best shot as completing the equivalent of an Iron-Man Triathlon in the month of December!! Our plan is to do the majority (if not all) of this at the gym. We're doing this for a few reasons: 1. we’re going to be doing a Triathlon in July and this will give us a REALLY good feel for where we are in each area 2. It's in addition to our current workout regimen which will make the Christmas season a non-issue on the scale and 3. It would feel SO GOOD to finish something so challenging!!

This morning we started talking about what our schedules look like for the month of December and when we could "fit" it all in. I'm REALLY excited about this and would be even more THRILLED if some of you would join me! What do you say??? Here are the statistics for an Iron-Man: DISTANCES: 2.4 Mile Swim (169 lengths) 112 Mile Bike 26.2 Mile Run The intention is that this is to take place in a gym.

OK - think about it AND....do some core work today!! http://www.youtube.com/user/oxygenmagazine

Replies

• nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! Once my butt heals from last night's spinning, I'd be willing to give this a go! I'll probably do the running outside...and not sure about the swimming yet, but will try to make it work! Go you!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! Once my butt heals from last night's spinning, I'd be willing to give this a go! I'll probably do the running outside...and not sure about the swimming yet, but will try to make it work! Go you!

I could try to do this... EXCEPT for the swimming part -- my gym doesn't have a pool, and I really don't think it's possible for me to complete the swimming portion in my bro's hot tub in the backyard... *sigh*.

Is there something else I could do in place of the swimming...?!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    Oh! and this doesn't all have to be completed in ONE day does it...? Just needs to be completed over the course of the month of December, right?
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not in one day! No way!!! (Someday maybe) All over the course of the month. :-)
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - I'll have to think this over. Not sure I will have time for in addition to my workouts
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Would love to do this if I had the time :( schedule is already stretched to the max! Good luck!!!!!!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for the marathon portion of it in December (26.2 miles). I'm not going to count walking either - just jogging! It sort of terrifies me already.

Maybe in January I can add in the biking too, because I'd like to get in shape for the nice biking weather in the spring. My gym doesn't have a pool either, so I don't know when I'll be able to complete the swimming portion.
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!!! For the record, I spin 3-4 times a week and that mileage is going to count towards my total - so when I say, "in addition" to workouts what I mean is, for me, I don't swim, so I'm going to have to add that to what I do during the course of a week. Does that make sense?

I love that some of you are going to just do a portion of it - that's MORE than amazing to me!! I LOVE the support & so we're all clear here, the running portion is what is KILLING me mentally. I HATE to run...so it's a huge mental hurtle for me get over.
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarifications. I am going to do what I can - not sure about the swimming part - will see.

I started this tonight - I ran 1.5 miles before power pump class! :smile:
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    Ok.... Since I can't do the swimming, I've decided to add in 25 Miles of walking in addition to the 26.2 Miles of running, and the 112 miles of biking.

I don't normally work out on Sundays because I have church twice and and class that day as well. So i've blocked off all Sundays for this challenge -- however, if i DO work out on a Sunday, that will count as a bonus day for me!

I've created a spreadsheet for all of this information and i'm ready to go!!!