Friends Who Swim....

Options
JudySwims
JudySwims Posts: 52 Member
Hi there! I'm looking for a few friends that swim. Would love to meet others who stare at the bottom of the pool for hours on end, perpetually have a dripping gym bag, smell like chlorine and are starving after a hard swim!!!

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Waves! That would be me!!! :) Feel free to friend me.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • starbuckette
    starbuckette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's me too. Add me :)
  • jkegvsu2
    jkegvsu2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too! Love swimming. Seems to be the only form of exercise that I really seem to enjoy. I like zumba too but swimming is even better! Feel free to add me.
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well you added me - your description pretty much is me except for the dripping bag bit. I rented a locker a couple of months ago at the pool and it was money really well spent.
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I only swim about ten minutes a day. not the best swimmer but I'm working on it.
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I only swim about ten minutes a day. not the best swimmer but I'm working on it.

After 20 years of not swimming and eating bad that's about all I could do for a while.

It took me 3 months to hit 1/2 mile without stopping. At about 5 months I could do a mile straight freestyle. It took me almost a year to be in good enough shape to be doing flip turns every lap.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I swim daily. Feel free to add me:)
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Another swimmer here!!
  • maggiewithfins
    maggiewithfins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm already friends with Judyswims, but any of you others add me, I'm a 3x a week swimmer. I'm doing a 2.9km race on Sunday in the ocean which I've been training for over the last 4 months.
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I swim about 4 times a week. ANYONE that wants to add me...please do. I did not swim for 20 years, started again in September 2012. I know can swim a mile straight sand I am starting to do flip turns again.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I swim 3-4 times per week at 6:00 am! Soaking in the hot tub is the reward after each swim that keeps me going! I use a Polar FT4 HRM, Finis PDF fins, and Speedo Aqua Fit gloves. The addition of each of these accessories has really changed the intensity of my morning swims! Would love to have new swimmer friends!