Healthy Bean Salad Recipe?

MoCrafter
MoCrafter Posts: 20 Member
I love bean salad and have been craving it. The thing is, store bought bean salad is loaded with sugar. I am wanting to come up with a salad where I add the beans I want, some onion, maybe some green peppers, and vinegar. I want to use Stevia as a sweetener. Do you think this will work ok? I am asking because I really don't want to waste all the ingredients if the stevia doesn't work. I have Splenda, but would rather stay away from unnatural sweeteners. I figured maybe someone on here had tried this.

Replies

• jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    I find stevia to be really unpleasant with a very metallic aftertaste. I would stick with the splenda. Unless you consume huge quantities of it it's harmless
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    My sister-in-law made that salad for Thanksgiving and used just a little bit of splenda. It was very good. I don't know how stevia would be. I can't use stevia as it gives me acid reflux.
  • MoCrafter
    MoCrafter Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks. I will try it with the Splenda. I use Splenda once in a while, just usually use the stevia. I am not against Splenda, though. I will let you know how it turns out. I will probably make it for Christmas.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    I'm making the potato salad with the cauliflower. Just the same as my potato salad all the same ingredients but no potatoes. Seen it and dying to try it. So bringing it out to my brothers for Christmas dinner. It certainly will be different.

Linda