1 Week in need advice

hi there, so I have been eating Paleo for 1 week now and I guess I just want some advice/comments on what I am eating to make sure I am eating the right types of food. Am I eating to many carbs? I am over everyday.

I have been feeling great since probably the second day. I am sleeping much better, feel less bloated, and feel a lot less tired. For the first time in I can't even remember I was up on a Saturday morning at 7:30am, just woke up on my own, feeling well rested and ready to go. Usually I sleep til 10 or later no matter what time I go to bed and am sleepy all day.

Any other advice or tips that will help me along the way would be great. I am doing this as a complete lifestyle change not just for the 30 days and want to ensure I stay on track.

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    I didn't dig deep, but with just a glance at your diary, I don't think you are eating too many carbs. I'd say you're just right. Between 50-100 grams is what I think Mark Sisson from Mark's Daily Apple recommends. My carbs are set at 90. I shoot for 60 on a normal day, but if I have a big workout, I'll add more... maybe 100-120 depending on the workout.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    I need advice too on maintaining. I have fallen off the wagon and gotten back on three times in one year. I don't know why because I LOVE the way I feel when I am doing well with it. I need to find a way to sustain.

I think my problem is that I am so busy in general (like who isn't?) and I lose track and get lazy because cooking at home and having to shop in certain places for the right foods is so much more labor intensive. For example, I have to drive WAY out of my way to get to the framer's market or to a Whole Foods so therefore I have to plan a special trip to get healthy foods, mostly on the weekends when I've made other commitments.... excuses excuses, I know. But, any advice from others would help!!!
  • At least you have a Whole foods, where I live it is really hard to get paleo food, especially now that the fresh vegetables stands are closing for the year, where I can get fresh local veggies, fruit and meat. once they close I am going to have to go a hunt for everything. The supermarkets here do have organic and natural sections, but the prices are outrageous and they don't have a large variety either. No where can I find coconut butter, only coconut oil and they don't sell grass-fed beef either. Lucky we do have a farmers market year round where I can get that type of meat at a premium price. I think as we get further into the winter months I am going to find it harder and harder to keep our meals from being coming redundant.

But the way I look at it, going to the market once a week isn't so bad I guess when I am trying to take care of my health, plus I am saving money not eating out or on crap food.