Nov 12 menopausal mad hatter chatter

Options
Everyone, we made it through the year's biggest eating holiday, did everyone survive?
The amount of posting has really decreased and I think that this holiday time is the time when we most need to be checking in and checking on each other, so I hope to see lots of posts!
Definitely seems like there is a sickness that is spread throughout the continent, good wishes to everyone struggling to get well.
I am not sure WTF the ad people are thinking, but today my MFP banner add is for Bob Evans pre-made potatoes and suggest that I get a recipe and a coupon for "The Sweet Tatter Twist Mashtini" Really, someone's algorithim thinks that is an ad that will appeal to me?
I am Thankful that I made it to the Monday after Thanksgiving the same weight as I was the Monday before!
I am not thankful that I can not have my pre-drive home snack of nuts because mice found my stash of unopened 100 calorie packs and had their own little feast!
Janet

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi, Janet,

I noticed the dropping off of posts,

I have been slacking in my weightloss also..as I get well from this "Crud", I've got to really put it into gear... I held my own up until we got tired of the leftovers and lazy and somebody bought pizza.....thin crust pepperoni...I did eat three maybe four slices....
    I know it was bad......

.....but I canceled my Emeril Lagossi deep fryer......that speaks volumes coming from a southern gal..

I was reading this great blog of Cowgirlkimi's, about her sister that just passed away a bit back and how even as she was on dialysis, she would watch Paula Deen type shows and want her to fix her that yummy food.....I realized that could be me.. so I stopped reading right there and went to HSN online and canceled that frying demon of his... ........

and ordered some make-up instead.. see??? .......there's always a rainbow at the end !!

Sorry about the snack stash...they probably thought you had singled them out just for them...LOL

I've noticed some of the strangest things being advertised , too....I guess they don't care as long as they see the money....

Hatters, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.. Christmas is sooo close!!

I know it is still tough times for everyone still reeling from the storms...and it will be for a long while......but they are tough and they will make it through, stronger... We are still gathering up some supplies to send up there from our work. They will be needing things for a long while....Lets not forget them...
    (Even 7 years after Katrina , people are still trying to get it back together.)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning Hatters..

Finished my last of 7 midnight shifts and doing the happy feet dance.. altho I didn't have TG to deal with, I had several social engagements during nights, and I had booked off the last few but thanks to the Grey Cup festivities in our city this past weekend, all time off was cancelled. :sad: Went a little short on sleep, but managed to keep my committments and had a lovely time at all of them; thankfully 3 decades of shift work meant I was able to face a steak for "breakfast" just after waking up on Sunday with a happy fork LOL.
    Tomorrow is my weigh day; I know there won't be any loss but like Janet feels, I will be happy if I just stay the same :o) I must admit so far (and yes its early days) I'm not as stressed worrying about my eating; but I'm just taking it one meal at a time and not looking ahead at what's coming down the pike; as social events get added to the calendar, my goal is to plan for them around the days before and after; lighten up on my intake around them, so I can stay in the right mindset. My short term goal is to wake up January 1st and be able to NOT even give one thought to having to go on any kind of diet (that will be a first in many years!) and instead have my first thought be "its gonna be a great year!"

I agree now especially is when we need each other the most; the next few weeks are gonna be stressful on many levels, not just eating.. but I can appreciate that its also such a busy time for many of us; and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day (plus we always put our own needs last as women!) so maybe just knowing we're here; for each other if needed will help us get thru the day on occasion lol..

I'm on switch over day so have to force myself to get out and about or I'll be "snoozing" on the couch all day.. taking my senior for chores and tomorrow will be getting some groceries and meal planning in for upcoming dayshift.. I had made a promise to myself each set of days off I'd try a new recipe.. made 2 that were barely edible so I'm not sure I'm gonna try again this set LOL.. but we'll see!

Hugs all around.. will check in later (and hope all our Hatters who have this bug are feeling better!)
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The holidays are busy time of year for everyone, or at least for me. I've been trying keep up with my logging but its been hard. So far I've stayed on track with everything. hopefully I'll have more for you all in a few days.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    damn - lack of sleep = poor choices....

but we move on.... and on and on......
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my Beautiful Mad Hatter friends! I am one of those that has been such a slacker. The last few months have been crazy. More like 6 months. But I am vowing to re-focus and get back on track. I am thankful I have all of you for support and encouragement!

Love and HUGZz
    Kimberly
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Talk about bad timing - I went back to work yesterday after six weeks off for surgery followed by a week with my husband at home. I have piles of stuff to do immediately in every room of the house. 'Hope everyone's doing well! Kobie/Cheryl F.
    Almost forgot - Sunday was the one year anniversary of the passing of the REAL Kobie. The one in my picture. RIP, baby.
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I was doing well after my plateau for a bit. Then Thanksgiving came...I did fine on Thanksgiving, but the two days after were BAD! I did exercise most days, but driving 9 hours each way and staying with family for the holiday was hell on my eating habits...Up 5 pounds...:cry: Down one 4 to go. Getting back on it again :smile:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am reposting from the earlier page as I didn't want you ladies to think I missed wishing you all a Good holiday.

Hope all the ladies in the states had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wanted to post earlier but we the whole southern region (according to family, friends, and internet company) has been been without internet for the day. Have to say it was nice without electronics for most of the day Amazingly we had to actually talk without texting LOLOL

My sister and I decided to bow out of the death Friday sales. I am both glad and sad. I am thankful that I don't have to rely on fighting the crowds to be able to afford gifts for my children and sad that I am now old and don't enjoy the hustle and bustle like I did in years past. We (husband and I) have a date with my sister and brother in law for movie and dinner as we begin a new tradition this year.

Okay now a question for you ladies.

I am down 61 lbs do you think this could make a persons immune system crazy? I am :sick: sick again :noway: :noway: :noway: Went to the doctor yesterday got more shots and meds and actually am feeling better today but ummm I have been sicker this last 3 months than I have been in the last 10 years. Even more than my first year teaching which is known for teacher killer year.
    Oh well I did stumble across my zinc and have decided to start taking them again in hopes of boosting my immune. We shall see. On the plus side my doctor complimented me on the lost of 27 pounds since Oct, and said whatever I am doing to keep up the good work :bigsmile:

Now about Thanksgiving. I lost 1 lb and am okay with that since in the past I am pretty sure I never made it through a holiday without gaining. I have also hit my new goal of 60 by Christmas that I set when I hit my 50 by Christmas a while back. I would love to hit 70 now but being realistic wonder if 65 would be better since the Christmas goodies were put out at work today :huh: this could be a very very long 4 weeks :frown: Going to keep planning and crockpotting and hopefully all will turn out. But you know when store bought cupcakes start looking good it means its really been to long since I have enjoyed one of my sisters specialties. I am already dreaming of my birthday cake come January :heart: :heart: :heart:

Well bed time and do know I am reading even if I don't post. Tammy
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    Had a thought as I was checking to see that I am listed as one of the OVERALL Losers in my challenge group :bigsmile: :bigsmile: for 2 weeks running now

One pound, One day, One meal, One Bite at a time will get me to my goal. Its like eating an elephant in reverse but the steps are the same and I and You can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and WILL do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Tis the season, my friends.. and although it’s supposed to be “the most wonderful time of the year”, at our age we’ve come to learn that it’s not always the case, and when we add in trying to lose weight and change our lifestyles… well, me thinks we should fasten our emotional seat belts before Thanksgiving and keep them fastened until after the New Year! Our spirits can be lifted while sharing good times with our friends and families during the holidays, but this time of year can also bring us down. Give yourself a break if you feel out of sorts during this time of year. You are not alone; Thanksgiving and Christmas season bring stress, anxiety and depression to many.

So what’s the big problem with this time of year? A lot of different things; while we feel happy about celebrating with our family and friends, we can also miss people we have loved and who are now no longer in our lives, whether because of death or because of the crush of life. Also trouble between us and family members over unresolved wounds and conflicts can flare up during November and December. We can love our parents and siblings but still not have an easy time spending time with them. And if our family life was especially bad, holiday season can remind us of just how bad. During the holiday season, we can be especially sensitive to our past hurts and wounds. Ditto if we haven’t resolved family conflicts, or if we are having an “anniversary experience” because the conflicts are tied to this time of year. We can get a lot of relief if we can be patient with who we are. If we can add a little kindness and friendship toward ourselves. Say no to guilt and self-abuse.

But what about those of us who are not only trying to lose weight and get healthy , and are emotional eaters? (Yep, I’m raising my hand..) If you are also one of those people who find this time of year can sometimes also hold sadness, loneliness or anxiety… well, for me those feelings have always in the past, led me straight to the fridge or cookie stash in the cupboard!

But I don’t want that to happen to me this year. So what to do? Found this article on Sparks with a lot of great ideas and thought I’d share!

For weeks, you have tracked your food and exercised regularly to improve your health and alter the shape of your body. More than a "diet" or a fitness fad, you've created real lifestyle changes and built the confidence that you can stick with it for the long haul. So why is the winter holiday season so intimidating—even scary—for so many?

The answer is complex. Sure, there's the food. Unlike other food-centric holidays like Valentine's Day or Halloween, the winter holiday season lasts for weeks. There are more parties, more potlucks, more food, gifts, more cookies and well, just more everything! And these temptations won't be going away any time soon. Then there's the stress. Buying gifts, volunteering, decorating, cooking and party hopping often take the place of cooking healthy meals at home or hitting the gym. Like an infant sitting on Santa's lap for the first time, it's no wonder we're scared of the holidays and the infamous weight gain they encourage. How can we keep up with a healthy diet and fitness program—let alone lose weight—with all of this going on around us, day after day?

That answer is simple: Stick with your plan. You've overcome temptations and slip-ups before. Every day poses challenges, yet you remain strong and continue to make progress toward your goals. Why should the holidays be any different? If you want to lose weight this month, you can. You just have to choose to stay in control, one day at a time.

Here are 20 tips that will help you keep holiday weight gain at bay and lose a few pounds by new year.:happy:

1. Track your food. That means all of it, from the spoonful of cookie batter you ate while baking to the free sample of ham at the grocery store. These "hidden" calories are easy to gloss over but can really add up. Plus you know from experience how it helps you to lose weight and eat better. If you do nothing else during the holidays, track your food diligently every day.

2. Plan your holiday meals. A continuation of tip #1, plan your meals and snacks in advance so you can enjoy your favorites and still stay on track. Before you head to another party or sit down for a holiday dinner, pre-track your food for the day. Find places to cut back on calories in order to splurge a little more on your holiday meal, for example. Decide which foods you'll have (and how much) and use your Nutrition Tracker to stay within your calorie range.

3. Look up calories before you bite. calculate the nutrition information in your favorite holiday foods so you can add them to your tracker. If you really want to eat a cookie from a co-worker, open your Tracker first and decide whether it fits in with your plan (see #2 above).

4. Make fitness a priority. I like to remind people that food is only one part of the equation that determines whether you'll lose or gain weight. Fitness is just as important. Don't let your workouts go by the wayside. If anything, you should be trying to work out more than before to curb weight gain and extra eating. Just remember this: Burn it (exercise) to earn it (extra holiday calories).

5. Schedule your workout like an appointment. You wouldn't miss work, a doctor's appointment or an important meeting to bake cookies or do some holiday shopping, would you? Add your workouts to your calendar so that other obligations don't get in the way of your gym time. Tell your friend that you'd love to bring some cookies to her party but that you won't arrive until after Pilates class lets out.

6. Bring your own food. This is a great tip if you're heading to a party and don't know what's in the food (or how it was prepared). Pick a healthy, low-cal recipe that you can bring. And no matter what kind of food is there, you'll have at least one dish you can eat with confidence.

7. Limit alcohol. It lowers inhibitions, making it more likely that you'll forget about your nutrition plan and overindulge. Plus, alcohol alone is pretty high in calories. If you can party hop without drinking at all, you'll be better off. If you must drink, nurse your glass slowly, choose diet-friendly drinks, and limit the number of servings. Oh and yes, alcohol does contain calories, so add every drink to your Nutrition Tracker.

8. Re-gift treats and food. Of course, your loved ones mean well when they give you delicious food and candy gifts. But just because they give them does not mean you have to eat them! There are plenty of opportunities to re-gift food gifts over the holidays: bring them to parties, potlucks, and other get-togethers. Or, donate store-bought foods to a local food pantry or hospital to spread the holiday spirit to others. Take home-baked goods to a homeless shelter.

9. Bring your food to work. . This time of year, our kitchen fills with all sorts of candy, sweets and other food gifts that people simply don't want or would rather not eat. Share it in a communal space like the office café for others to partake of as they choose.

10. Don't make mountains out of molehills. It's easy to go over your calories one day and feel like a failure. But remember that it takes much more than one day of overeating to thwart your progress. Accept your slip-ups, learn from them and move on.

11. Add 10 extra minutes of cardio to your days. Some experts say that adding just 10 minutes of vigorous exercise to your usual workout routine can counter the effects of a little extra holiday eating. You can spare an extra 10 minutes, right? Even if you can't fit it in all at once, try to do small amounts throughout the day. High-intensity moves like jumping jacks, high-knee running in place, or jumping rope all work.

12. Maintain your active lifestyle. Remember that "running" errands isn't the same as running—or exercising. But the more activity you can add to your days (in addition to planned fitness) the better off you'll be. Try the best activities of the season, like sledding, snowboarding, ice skating, hiking, snowshoeing, and more.

13. Keep an emergency snack on hand. Stashing some healthy and portable foods in your car, purse, and desk drawer can help satisfy your cravings and prevent you from going overboard on all the wrong foods. This is a good idea when you're hungry at work and cookies sound tempting, or when you're shopping late at the mall and hear the food court calling.

14. Watch your portions. There's nothing wrong with enjoying some once-a-year favorites if you keep your portions in check. Sometimes just a little taste is all you need. Use this handy portion guide to estimate portion sizes when eating at parties and holiday dinners.

15. Focus on people. Isn't that what the holidays are all about? At parties and gatherings, enjoy the good conversation and activities instead of hovering around the food table. Create lasting memories that don't revolve around eating, and you won't feel like you're missing out.

16. Drink your water. Recent studies found that when people drink more water throughout the day, they end up eating fewer total calories. Water and water-rich foods can help fill you up longer. Keep a cup of water in hand at parties, sip water between bites, and meet your daily quota to help prevent overeating.

17. Wake up with exercise. People who exercise first thing in the morning are more likely to exercise regularly than those who exercise later in the day. Even if you're not a morning exerciser now, a.m. workouts might be the best way to squeeze fitness into your days before other things come up. Plus, when you exercise first, you're less likely to overindulge with food

18. Don't act as if it's your only chance to eat. With every food that crosses your path, remind yourself that you'll have plenty of chances later to eat. Forgo the "last supper" mentality. Honor your true feelings of hunger and fullness, and if you're not hungry or in the mood for a certain food, don't feel obligated to eat it. Be a (polite) food snob. Don't waste calories on a treat you don't really like or that isn't very delicious. If you accept a co-worker's cookie or Aunt Mary's bacon salad, but it's not very tasty, stop eating it. No one will fault you for saying you want to just have a taste.

19. Slow down. Savor your food and the experience of eating. You'll eat less, feel more satisfied, and recognize feelings of hunger before it's too late.

20. Keep your eye on the prize. Before you take a bite or hit snooze instead of hitting the gym, remember your goals. It's going to take work to get there and survive the holiday season. Before you act, ask yourself, "Will this help me get where I want to go?" If not, make another decision. And remember that YOU are in control during the holidays, not the other way around.:bigsmile:
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We all will struggle with the holidays & stress. What I've found to be of help to me is logging both my food & workouts. I also believe that sharing the good, bad & the ugly here has helped me. So thank you everyone.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Snoozie- I'm printing out that list and taping it to the 'fridge! All good ideas.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Kobie.. I'm going to print #20 in big letters and post it on my cupboard door..
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great list Snoozie, for me no.7 is key, I don't drink much and if I have even 2 glasses of wine that is enough for me to decide what the heck I can eat everything and not even notice exactly how much I am eating. I am planning on adding 1 more 6am workout session to get through the holidays. For me it is not holiday parties as much as it is the danger of mindless eating because of holiday blues and nothing is more effective than exercise in chasing the blues away.
    I went to the docs for my checkup, I weighed in and the nurse asked me if I knew I had lost weight, .. as a matter of fact, I did. The new doc did a good job of making sure he knew my medical history. That was not a short list. And when he reviewed my blood work everything was Normal! And so was my blood pressure, slightly different from 11 months ago, when I had to talk the doc into giving me one more chance to avoid cholesterol meds and diabetes was looking like it was around the corner!
    Mil insists on leaving chocolate kisses in a bowl in the kitchen, I told her how I felt and dh has taken them back into her room, but whenever I get home from work, they are back. I am bored with that game, so I just cover them up and tell myself I won't give her the satisfaction of eating them. She is driving dh crazier than me and if all goes well she is going home in 2 weeks!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great post Snoozie! Thanks!
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    Printing and posted on my blog so I can refer back !!!! Thanks so much
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Great Post. I made a copy of it, too. Because I have been sick (and, although improving , still not well!) I am anxious because I have not been eating enough and petrified that my already slow metabolism will slow down more. I think the key is that I need to not track all of my calories at the end of the day to see that I came up way short. After reading the post it occurred to me that maybe it I have a small notebook in which I write what I have or have not eaten every 2-3 hours, I will be able to regulate my calories better. I really need to get back on track. Of course, I would have to remember to write in it every few hours! Also, I think I will start carrying a cliff bar in my purse so if I am out and about running errands and such I have something on which to snack. And it just occurred to me, that to remind me to do these things, I can set my phone.
    I know I'm rambling and thinking out loud, but you can see Snoozie that you have helped me to find solutions instead of just worries:-) Thanks !
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    But remember that it takes much more than one day of overeating to thwart your progress. Accept your slip-ups, learn from them and move on

But remember that it takes much more than one day of overeating to thwart your progress. Accept your slip-ups, learn from them and move on

Right? On one day off the next, I cannot get my act together. See above. It's sugar (Gail are you the one who broke up with it?). I'm starting to realize that just "one" of anything is enough to send me roaring down the wrong path. And once that dam is broken...watch out! Katie bar the door! Melissa is looking for crap to stuff in her mouth...

Snooozie, as always your post came at the right time, is full of information and is truly the reason why MFP works for me. Epiphany!! As my contact with you lovely girls has waned, my resolve has waned as well (a coincidence? I THINK NOT!!).

As many of you know, I get grief (good natured, but grief none-the-less), about my MFP habits. I've stepped away and as a result, my jeans are getting tighter (not emergency, call the firemen to get me out of them, but tighter than they should be!)

So, I've logged my breakfast, checked in with you, and now I'm off to watch a little "Once Upon a Time" and torch some calories on the treadmill.

Thank you...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Good morning Hatters!

and happy TGIF where it applies LOL!

So this is the last day of November... just a couple of weeks left in the year and as we all know, its gonna get crazy for many; well crazier than normal altho there are days when I am sure the little men in the white coats are just waiting around the corner with a straight jacket for me! (like they have a chance of taking me alive.. I'm an often irritated menopausal woman trying to lose weight in between hot flashes and emotional meltdowns - if they're smart they'll keep their distance! :laugh:

I am setting a few goals for the month of December; mainly ones geared towards getting through to New Years Eve feeling GOOD about myself and my progress in my journey. I have decided I am NOT going to set a specific "pound" loss goal, instead one thing I am going to aim for is just not mentally NOT freaking out, and continuing my journey one day at a time. I am going to reinforce my belief in myself every single day when I first wake up, and incorporate many of the tips suggested in that article, and just work on one meal and one day at a time. I am not going to deprive myself of an occasional treat, but my goal will be to choose something "calorie worthy" to savour and enjoy, not just eat something because its there. Like everyone else, that will be one of the hardest goals for me with food everywhere being pushed at us.. and being an emotional eater, but this tip is going to be my mantra for the month - I will be chanting "it's Aunt Mary's bacon salad.. you don't even like it so stop eating it!" over and over::bigsmile:

18. Don't act as if it's your only chance to eat. With every food that crosses your path, remind yourself that you'll have plenty of chances later to eat. Forgo the "last supper" mentality. Honor your true feelings of hunger and fullness, and if you're not hungry or in the mood for a certain food, don't feel obligated to eat it. Be a (polite) food snob. Don't waste calories on a treat you don't really like or that isn't very delicious. If you accept a co-worker's cookie or Aunt Mary's bacon salad, but it's not very tasty, stop eating it. No one will fault you for saying you want to just have a taste.

I also know ME however, and my triggers... :cry: so I will absolutely be reaching out for help to all of you when my motivation disappears or my emotional triggers kick in. And I will absolutely reach out if anyone else is in need (always, but especially over the next few weeks). I am going to throw pride to the wind and ask for HELP if I need it now, and that's never been an easy thing for me to do... but all of you have made such a difference in helping me finally get a handle on losing this weight forever, and I feel safe and free to ask for help now from all of you. I believe in me, and I believe in each of you! We have the power! :flowerforyou:

Need to catch up on some posts and do a few replies.. be back in a couple!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    okey dokey.. some catch up replies!

Fishbarn - yep, for sure its a way busier time of year; congrats on keeping up with your logging so far; keep at it my friend!

cbm: hope you're enoying the trip and aren't coming home with too many jimmy choo's LOL!

Abbe: so good to see you; did you post any pictures somewhere of your trip?? would love to see some. Good for you for choosing to refocus, and know we're here if ya need any hugs and/or support!:flowerforyou:

KM: Sunday must have been a tuff day for you.... big hugs! How did you find your first week back to work? Bet you were 'zausted! As for the list, it may sound silly, but I am going to print out several motivators at work tomorrow and post them on my kitchen cupboard and on my bedroom wall; just to reinforce my belief in myself every single day! (I live alone so there's no one to make fun of me so i can get away with it LOL) :laugh:

Patrice.. omg 9 hrs! you're a better woman than me! Those pesky couple of pounds you picked up over the week will be gone in a heartbeat; and I totally get the "after" bad days instead of during.. I do the same thing sometimes and don't understand it... even sometimes after I have a loss, the day after I end up going crazy on the eating and pop it back on... not sure I wanna delve deep enuf into my subconscious to figure out why but I feel for ya!! No worries tho.. a couple of days and those ounces will be history!

TA: I know I did a reply to your immune system question in a PM, but as well as upping my vitamin c intake, I'm washing my hands a lot more often, especially at work with all th sickies hacking and spewing lol. My mom was a nurse so hand washing was always the #1 thing drilled into us, but am trying to do it even more (fortunately with drinking so much, trips to the washroom more often help out too!) HUGE CONGRATS on hitting your 60lb goal.. and early at that!!! Awesome accomplishment.. just awesome! Did you make a decision about going for 65 or 70 for Dec? Personally i think 65 would be a better choice (but just my opinion)!

jANET - re #7... funny how we all have different triggers... wine doesnt usually set me off, but sugar.. and salt.. absolutely my downfall into crazy eating; I am nowhere near hungry but if i have one sweet.. look out, its a downhill spiral. As you all know by now, ripple chips are my kryptonite, I will admit that I have eaten an entire family sized bag in one afternoon all by myself in the past. It's my go to food when I'm down and depressed or hurt or whatever.. my emotional safety divebomb, so I have promised myself that i will not have any in the house for December. I will NOT buy them and put them in the cupboard "just in case". I will deal with the sugar moments, but I have finally accepted that I will only sabotage myself if I have chips in the house. The nurse didn't REALLY ask if you knew you had lost weight, did she??? LOL.. but that's awesome news about the "normal" blood work!! Yay!! Am so glad the new doc is such a gem.. keep him!! as for MIL .. loved your line "im bored with that game".. (wicked laugh...awesome!) will keep fingers crossed you survive the next 2 weeks!

Seehee: so sorry to hear you're still suffering from that awful ick.. (very glad you got to see Cirque D S tho.. awesome, isnt it?) I think its a great idea about the tracking thru the day; I try to log as I go (doesnt always work!) and sometimes the night before, I plug in my "planned" eating for the next day; then I only have to make whtever changes happen and I get an idea of how much room I have for the day. Whether you use paper or the food diary, great idea to do it as you go if you can! And super idea about setting the phone to remind you.. honestly, setting my email at work to pop up every 30 minutes with the GET UP!! task reminder.. has worked wonders.. sometimes i hit the "snooze" on it cause I'm too busy, but its amazing how quickly 30 min can go by and I'm finding that reminder to get up and move around so helpful! A couple of people who work closely around me now see me get up and will say '30 min walk time?"

Mel - I'm with ya sista on the sugar!! and yep it was Gail who posted that lovely "break up"! I don't know from experience (but hope to one day!) what 'maintenance" is like, but I imagine it has to be just as hard, if not harder, than the process of getting there!! Its yet another huge learning curve (i would think?) with as much trial and error as it took to get there.. so huge congrats on recognizing things are going a little offside and heading back to the logging and friendship here. It's also gotta be hard with the ribbing (good natured or not... ) you have to deal with from the family... why is it sometimes the people we love the most, want to tear us down sometimes instead of building us up?? Think we've all experienced that to some degree... so extra kudos to you for being able to do what's right for you in spite of the occasional less than motivational comments from the peanut gallery... (we gotta love our family.. its in the rule book... but it doesnt mean we have to LIKE em all the time lol!!) :devil:

Tonya: loved your blog; thank you for sharing so much of yourself - I know you did it for you, but it struck a chord with me as well. I am immensely proud to know you; you have overcome so much and discovered so much about yourself - hope you know you're as amazing as we all think you are!!

Gail (Time2) WOWSA lady!!! you hit the 30lb mark... HUGE congrats!! How excited are you?? That's wonderful.. im so happy for you and so proud of you!! I know how hard you've worked and you've made great strides and wonderful changes, and the results are showing.. big hugs and congrats!! :flowerforyou:

K.. think I'm caught up for the moment; will do a quick read back of everyones post in case I missed out.. then get my butt in gear; last day off before back on shift tomorrow so I need to do some meal planning and cleaning of the pit in prep! Hope everyone has a good weekend and remember tip #20:

20. Keep your eye on the prize. Before you take a bite or hit snooze instead of hitting the gym, remember your goals. It's going to take work to get there and survive the holiday season. Before you act, ask yourself, "Will this help me get where I want to go?" If not, make another decision. And remember that YOU are in control during the holidays, not the other way around.