Start training now

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
A heads up to my fellow yogis: many studios offer a day of 108 sun salutations to bring in the new year or sometimes during the winter solstice. It's a lot of fun and you should try it. Start training now.

Replies

• zenmummy
    zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Interesting! So you do 108 sun salutations? I wonder if I can do that without falling over...
    I wonder if there is an online version too. I absolutely LOVE yogaglo classes. This is a healthy addiction, right?
    I've already told my kids I want a yoga class for christmas, so maybe this is the answer.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I've never done yogaglo (any prerecorded class I prefer on audio, also they don't have any Iyengar teachers on there), but I didn't see any 108 SS. I go to Christina Sell's classes occasionally (might go to one this weekend in fact), and I really like her.

The 108 is something special a studio does. Usually listed under "events" or similar. It takes between 2-3 hours, and you really should do it in a class. It can be tough to get through all of them with just your own steam.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My yoga teacher blogged about doing this last week. I'm not sure that I'd manage the whole 108 though!