I feel SO full!

Options
a_crotty
a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
What the...???

I have felt great all day today, ketostix are saying I'm just a light shade into ketosis...but I just had dinner and couldn't even make it through 1/2 of it and now I am extremely bloated?

Spaghetti squash with (chicken) italian meatballs (4) in an alfredo sauce with collard greens.

I got 3 bites of squash and sauce, 2.5 meatballs and 1 bite greens before I had to stop. It tasted great!

HOWEVER, I accidentally grabbed a cheese filled ravioli while cooking to see if it was done. Would that 1 lil thing make me feel this way on day 4 of my induction?

Replies

• a_crotty
    Options
    I also had 1/2 a flaxseed quick muffin earlier?
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, once your body gets used to low-carb--you'll struggle to get your daily calories in. The veggies on this diet leave me so full I can hardly take another bite sometimes. It's all good though, I'd rather be struggling to get enough calories than struggling not to go over.

Oh, and the flaxseed meal muffins? High in fiber and very fulfilling. I eat at least one every day :)
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Same as strawmama, I have trouble getting my calories in as well. Low carb is great for controlling hunger!

I'm trying to eat 1500 a day and I'm lucky if I hit 1300 most days.
  • a_crotty
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I too have that problem. I just today bumped up my cals to 1500+ on here, they were at 1200. I have to really think and try HARD to get to 1200 so 1500+ is going to be a treat lol. I am beginning to understand Atkins a lil more each day so that too helps.

NOTE: to my dumbass self....NEVER eat anything with flaxseed prior to eating anything else. Duh Amber!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed muffins are great for breakfast or a nighttime snack :)