Walks in the cold....

Options
I am loving this mild weather this year but I miss the snow. I love to take my dogs for a walk when the first snow hits. I feel like I'm in a snow globe and I'm the only one walking at that time. It's like my own, little paradise away from the world.
What is your favorite winter activity to do to lose weight?:drinker:

Replies

• Kvanstrom
    Options
    I love taking nice long walks right around sunset in the country when it is snowing. It is so pretty and quiet. I love hearing the sound of snow falling, if u listen close :)
  • Staciaj08
    Options
    I agree, it is so hard to exercise in the winter! For me it's hard to eat right too, all I want in the winter is comfort food! Plus I can hide under a bulky sweater! My favorite winter activity for exercise is skating, it burns tons of calories because I can do it forever. Another favorite is taking my son sledding-walking up the big hill in 2 feet of snow a million times is hard work! :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    we have a pile of snow right now, this morning was difficult to walk in but i did it. We got lots of freezing rain overnight. I do love to walk in the snow, i am looking at buying a new pair of snowshoes, so that will be fun!
  • julesassid
    Options
    I love ice skating and both cross country and downhill skiing. We haven't had snow for almost 2 years, so I haven't been able to take my son sledding, but I bet it would be good / fun exercise if it ever happens!