Struggling with week 7

Options
Hi lovelies

I have completed Week 7 day 2 - 25 minutes running. And I am struggling big time.

My Week 6 day 3 was great! that was a very pleasant 22 minute run (well, not pleasant but I wasn't struggling a lot)

As soon as I started the last two runs, I COULD NOT WAIT until it was finished! I had very sore legs and it was such a mental game to convince myself to keep going and not stop!

Anyone experience this before?

I am a SLOW runner too.... so I can't slow down even more..... UGH!

Replies

• pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I find when I am strugling like that I take two days between runs insteaad of the one they call for
    try having a coffee before the run helps me alot
  • sonyalbruno
    sonyalbruno Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know this is weird but do you run with a ipod or mp3 player? I always have a hard time to keep myself going and find
    I get sore faster when I dont. Something about running with music takes my mind off of wanting to stop.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I second the running with music... Or, if you can, ask someone who is more experienced to run with you. I find I do much better if I run with my husband (I'm almost to the point that he is sweating on our runs... which is saying something because he is out of shape too). Better yet, is when I run with my friend melissa. She can do 10ks like they are nothing now... and the last time she ran with me she encouraged me the whole darn way (it was the 20 min run.

I completely hear you on the week 7 crazyness. I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. It's my week 7 day 3.
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    I can identify with this; there are some days when I have found it hard to motivate myself to do it. Especially if I don't do it immediately after I get in from work. I think I just talk myself into it during the warm up and then I'm stubborn enough to not stop once I have started. I understand it gets easier at around this stage (according to a PE teacher at my school). I've yet to feel it getting easier and wonder how I am ever going to manage 5k as at this rate I will not do it in 30 mins. Maybe there are just days when it is harder. I like your idea of running with someone. I certainly fare better if I am well distracted, but I am doing it on a treadmill. One day I will venture outside. Good luck! Maybe we will all graduate at about the same time. :)
  • 78nSunny
    78nSunny Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I started C25K I was having lots of Calf and shin pain. Got a new pair of shoes before I got to the long runs and haven't looked back since. Completed week 9 days 3 this week of the C2 10K add on (10m/r X 1m/w X 10m/r X 1m/w X 10m/r X 1m/w X 10m/r) last week.

Can't stress enough that the Shoes make all the differance. If you can find a local running store (not a chain) and get fitted by someone that can look at your stance and determine your running style. You will not believe the differance!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I did W7D1 today. After about 17 minutes of running, I had to take a short running break. Then I ran a few more minutes, walked another minute and ran the rest. My second 5k is in 13 days. I'd love to run the entire thing. If I need to take a walk break, so be it. My ultimate goal is the runDisney Tower of Terror 10 miler in September 2013. I have 9 months to get this down. :-)

Good luck to all of you. Looks like we'll be finishing up around the same time. GO US!! :glasses:
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My W7D1 is tomorrow Run 20 walk 3 and Run 5 and I was feeling the same way you described for Day 2 and 3 last week. My breathing was good but I really did have to force myself to keep going so we'll have to see how this goes. I figure this is my body's last fight to stop this and go back to sitting all day and I'm just not giving in. I am hoping that something will click and I will get over this hurdle. In the mean time I plan to just keep pushing through it!