Should I keep cutting or try to maintain my current weight?

Hey guys, I'm 19 years old, 149 pounds, I just started my cutting diet on tuesday, but I just realized that maintaining in a caloric deficit in december is going to be hard for me, because im gonna go through a lot of temptations (my mom cooking all those goods, family gatherings, going out with my friends, etc.), so I don't know if Im going to achieve my goal (loosing 3 pounds to get my damn six pack). I go to he gym 5 days a week, I do bodybuilding exercises, and at least 30 minutes of cardio. The thing is that I don't know if I should just try to maintain my current weight and start mieting again in january, or continue with my diet through december? (damn I choose a bad month for cutting). I hope somebody get to read this and answer.

THANKS.

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    What is your body fat percentage? Optimal range for cut/bulk cycle is 10-15%. If you are under 15%, then bulk away, and start your cut after new years.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Enjoy your mom's yummy cooking and parties and start new years. December IS a bad month for a cut-especially starting one;-)
  • tahnks guys, I appreciate your help
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    What is your body fat percentage? Optimal range for cut/bulk cycle is 10-15%. If you are under 15%, then bulk away, and start your cut after new years.

I pretty much agree here. If I'm under 15% or so going into winter, I pack some more size on then worry about cutting in the spring.