Thoughts on this Past Week

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
Now that week 1 has come to an end and the weekend is here, what are your thoughts about this past week? How did you do with workouts, calories and eating healthier? Anything you would have liked to do different that maybe you could next week?

Replies

• DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think I got the kick on this week, lost a few lbs and feeling and sleeping great. It's the mid-month through the New Year that I will be having to focus more on healthy eating and making time for me :)
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The week started out great, have been eating well and keeping motivated... until yesterday/today. Been feeling grumpy, sluggish, and without the push to get me through. I'm attributing it to my body thinking it's my TOM (I'm on a quarterly BC) and once I got through my workout I felt much better - hoping to shake this mood quick, fast, and in a hurry!
  • libbygrl
    libbygrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been in a funk since just before Thanksgiving. Was doing a lot of emotional eating. I found out just before T-day that I have hypothyroidism - definitely explains a lot! My energy level has improved a little bit since starting meds, but then I hurt my foot in a race on Thanksgiving, so walking has been extremely difficult, and haven't even tried to run. I did better with food this week, but need to crack down on the snacking, especially since I haven't been exercising. I'm going to try the elliptical at the gym to see if my foot can handle that, and hope for positive news when I see the podiatrist on Tuesday. Nowhere to go but up!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Started out this past week still fighting lung and sinus infections, but was finally able to get back to my runs on Tuesday. Have been able to run each morning for the past five mornings, they have been shorter runs than normal, but just happy to be back out there :bigsmile:

Nutrition wise has been up and down, but overall happy with how I did!
  • spikethat
    Options
    I had great focus this week! Lost 2 lbs!
  • krstn102109
    krstn102109 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying a Gaiam TV trial, which has helped significantly with my workouts. Between work, school, and the craziness of this time of year, it can be difficult to get to the gym. But with the Gaiam TV trial I am able to get in a good work out from anywhere. I usually do mine during my lunch break!

As for eating well, I definitely lost focus during Thanksgiving and the weekend following. I am getting back on track now and thankful that I did not gain any during my lapse of focus. They say it takes 21 days to make/break a habit. Hopefully being diligent about working out and eating clean throughout December will make getting through Christmas a breeze!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I did decent as far as eating was concerned until yesterday, but it is that TOM. I'm hoping that once TOM has passed that a couple pounds will drop off. I'm gunna get a 6 mile run in tomorrow and I have planned out my lunches and other workouts for the week already.

This week will be a little challenging with two Christmas parties but I should be successful at resisting. After all both are for work.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think I did pretty well this week; I was a little low on my calories 2 days, but I don't think that will hurt me at all. I got sick late last night and most of today. I am NOT feeling salads or anything in my fridge so my husband went to subway to grab me a sub sandwich. Hopefully the bread and carbs will make my stomach feel a little better!! Here's to hoping for tomorrow lol. The one thing I want to work on is my time management next week. With the holidays approaching, I am so busy (shopping for gifts, decorating, family parties are starting soon) and this past week I got so wrapped up in the craziness that there were some nights I forced myself to workout at 10pm because I procrastinated during the day. I would like to get my workout in as soon as my son heads off to school so as the weeks get crazier, my workout will be complete for the day!! How about you guys?!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Awww...hope you feel better! I had to start changing my workout to being something I do in the first half of the day, cause often it would get to be later and while I had good intentions, sometimes, I just couldn't drag myself to do it...I wanted to wind down! Schedule your me time as top priority :)
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit. I struggled.....with everything! I've now cleaned all the things I don't normally eat out of the fridge from Thanksgiving. Giving myself a stomach ache yesterday with not eating well was a big wakeup call. I worked out twice (cardio and weights), but no extra days of cardio only. Today was better. The girls and I walked all around the city and walked up a bizillion stairs. The fact that I never got out of breath and could easily keep up with my friends was enough to kick me back on track.
  • lindoussa
    Options
    I had great focus this week! Lost 2 lbs!

That's awesome! Great job!
  • lindoussa
    Options
    I struggled this week in the evenings. I will be so good in the morning for breakfast, afternoon for lunch and snacks, but as soon as it's dinner time I am eating crap. I am also finding it very difficult to drink the recommended amount of water per day. We are a one car family and my DH works a lot so I was without a car this week to get to the grocery store. We ran out of food and ordered pizza 2 nights in a row :/ Even with the pizza I was able to stay under calories, but I know that it's REALLY bad to be eating pizza every night.

I have yet to exercise in any way. What's holding me back is that I do not have a HRM or anything to calculate my calories burned? I want to do Insanity but am not even sure how to record that without one?
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Had a really good week. Started back to running after being off for about a month. I ate better, too. It really helped to know the group was here for support.
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Reading my last update on this thread made me realize how far I have come this week! I adjusted my calories up by 100 after realizing that I wasn't eating enough. I have been really focused on eating healthier and getting lots of protein. I also worked out 5 days this week doing some sort of P90X video, mainly cardio. I am still struggling with my water intake though and really need to work on that this upcoming week.

I also noticed that I was more active in general this week. I played a lot with my kids, broke out in dance several times just for fun and did ALOT of housework with a 15 lb baby on my back :)
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    I used to struggle with water too, cause it's just so, boring :) During the winter months, I get into herbal teas and during the summer months, I like to add just a splash of juice or fresh squeezed lemon, lime, oranges or make a fruit fusion pitcher with berries.

This last week, I did pretty good, but I really need to up my cardio next week. Surgery is scheduled for January, so I want to lose as much as I can and be in the best shape I can be going into this :)
  • lindoussa
    Options
    I used to struggle with water too, cause it's just so, boring :) During the winter months, I get into herbal teas and during the summer months, I like to add just a splash of juice or fresh squeezed lemon, lime, oranges or make a fruit fusion pitcher with berries.

This last week, I did pretty good, but I really need to up my cardio next week. Surgery is scheduled for January, so I want to lose as much as I can and be in the best shape I can be going into this :)

Great idea! I have some peppermint tea and am loving it! Never thought to add that as water intake. Silly me!