Looking for women doing Starting Strength

Options
DoctorKyrina
DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
I've been doing Starting Strength since early June and I just wanted to get to know if anyone else here was also doing it. I really wanted to do New Rules of Lifting for Women, because I know so many people who do it, but like that SS only a few simple lifts, and that the 3x5 reps let me work on lifting heavy. I just admit I'm still feeling like I'm sometimes the only person I know on here who does it.

That's all. I'm just being nosy. I can always use more friends who do Starting Strength. :)

Replies

• babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do starting strength as soon as I can get the book. I have the New Rule of Lifting for Women and have attempted the first workout twice and will most likely do it again next week but I really do not like how they have me going all over the gym. I want to get my own weight bench so I can work out at home.
  • traceyoaten
    Options
    Ive been lifting weights for 2 years now and love it
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do starting strength as soon as I can get the book. I have the New Rule of Lifting for Women and have attempted the first workout twice and will most likely do it again next week but I really do not like how they have me going all over the gym. I want to get my own weight bench so I can work out at home.

I have to admit that while I mostly glanced at the Starting Strength book, I also endd up preferring it over New Rules of Lifting for Women because I liked not being all over the gym. The weight area where I workout gets busy and it's nice to be able to just claim an Olympic bar and keep using it for my full workout. (Also, the more I read from Mark Rippetoe, the less I like I feel I should want to do Starting Strength. So instead of hanging on his words too much, I learned the basics of form and just followed the general Starting Strength workout. I base my calories on the formula rules of New Rules of Lifting for Women. )
  • babycakes1970
    Options

I have to admit that while I mostly glanced at the Starting Strength book, I also endd up preferring it over New Rules of Lifting for Women because I liked not being all over the gym. The weight area where I workout gets busy and it's nice to be able to just claim an Olympic bar and keep using it for my full workout. (Also, the more I read from Mark Rippetoe, the less I like I feel I should want to do Starting Strength. So instead of hanging on his words too much, I learned the basics of form and just followed the general Starting Strength workout. I base my calories on the formula rules of New Rules of Lifting for Women. )
  • babycakes1970
    Options

That sounds like a good plan! I also think that some of the recipes in NRoLFW sound good and they even give suggestions for eating at some fast food places.I wil use that book, just not for the workouts (probobly).
  • AleliH1
    AleliH1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's great to find women doing Starting Strength. I'm 3 months into my training and loving it!
  • AleliH1
    AleliH1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BTW, How is SS training going for you so far?
  • rosasharon
    rosasharon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i just started SS on Monday! I ran NROLFW and saw great results in stages 1-4 but slacked off after that. the workouts just got a bit annoying - all over the gym, different equipment, too complicated etc. I'm so psyched for this simple and effective routine.

now, just have to work on getting enough protein :)