Challenges

This is a board to post your challenges to the group and get help/support from the group.

Replies

• So my weight loss progress went down 5 pounds. I could tell that I had gained during the last few weeks I've spent not tracking and I was right. I feel glad that I faced the music so I could tell where my true starting point was. I will be down from 29 to 39 pounds by Christmas!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    My challenge to myself is to go to the gym at least 3 times a week for the remainder of november and december. And to lose 4 kg, about 8 pounds by christmas so i can then go on maintenance!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    So here's my challenge for the week. I am a teacher and on Tuesday nights I tutor. So, tomorrow afternoon I have a meeting until 4:30. I usually have a snack during our weekly meetings. I ususally get home by 6:00 and eat dinner by 6:30. But tomorrow, I will be tutoring until 7:30. I don't know if it's mental, because it's not that much later that when I normally eat, but I am always STARVING before I am half way done tutoring. And I am of course tempted my the drive through. I know I just need to bring a dinner with me to eat before the session starts or a heavy, healthy snack. It's just a pain to have to pack more food.

Blah, blah, blah. I know I should just get over it and throw something else together!
  • I am either overly motivated or not motivated at all! I possibly have bipolar disorder so when I'm on a high I have more energy than a little kid on red cordial... but when I'm depressed I can't do anything (except cry in front of the mirror) it really sucks. It's weird but I seem to have the most energy very late at night so I can never go to the gym or for a run to burn it all off, I have to improvise and do little exercises in my room :) haha
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Hi my challenge is to eat my macros 50/30/20 I love carbs. My 1st day of insanity 3rd time "trying it"this time hopefully I'll committe enough to finish it.. trying to lose 30 lbs by end of January. Wish me luck :happy:
  • Kellysmom78
    Kellysmom78 Posts: 81 Member
    My challenge is to track better and to do my best to limit my sugar intake
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    DRINK WATER !!! going to try and at least get 4-6 glasses in a day, during the summer I find it easier, but winter time it is a struggle. Going to pick up some of those flavored packets you can add to water to see if that helps. Watch my snacks, they are usually within my calorie count, just not as filling as a good fruit or meal item might be.
  • mrswiley07
    mrswiley07 Posts: 65 Member
    My challenge is hitting my goal. The regime I have used for the last two years is not having the same effects he once had. I have a few pounds left until I hit my goal but it seems that it is taking me longer to lose what I normally could lose in a month. I am trying different workouts and different foods but my body seems to like where I am at (weight wise).

So I was thinking that maybe I should just focus on toning and tightening rather than the number on the scale.

Any suggestions
  • My challenge is hitting my goal. The regime I have used for the last two years is not having the same effects he once had. I have a few pounds left until I hit my goal but it seems that it is taking me longer to lose what I normally could lose in a month. I am trying different workouts and different foods but my body seems to like where I am at (weight wise).

So I was thinking that maybe I should just focus on toning and tightening rather than the number on the scale.

Any suggestions

Eat more! When you get near your goal you body needs more calories to be happy and let go! Don't set your deficit to more than half pound per week, and eat those exercise cals. Much more important when you have less to lose.

The forums have lots of advice about this :flowerforyou: