Dec 2012 Exercise Challenge

Options
bmoregan
bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
"The king is dead. Long live the king". No sooner does November end than December comes along to take its place.

20k calories burned was the goal in Nov. To be honest with Xmas etc, I don't think I'm going to hit 20k in Dec but 15k seems a bit too low. So I'm aiming for 17500.

Who's in?

Replies

• bmoregan
    Options
    Right. Here we go.
    Sat/Sun/Mon was 212+1141+1107=2460.
    15040 to go...
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Added 1232 today so 3872 burned 13628 to go.
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Biggest day ever; bike, run, gym and even walked the dog. 1733 cals burned.

5605 burned in Dec so far. 11895 to go.

Anyone joining in? Bueller? Anyone?
  • clairekeogh42
    clairekeogh42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian, I can only manage a challenge every second month.....Im in holiday mode until after the New Year
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Hi Claire, I know you;re just providing an opening for one of our co-MFP'rs to step in :-)
    Enjoy the time off.

Y'know that fairly meaningless promise you make yourself every 1st of Jan to lose a few pounds? I was thinking that this year we can honestly say we did it!
  • clairekeogh42
    Options
    Yes, exactly, and made exercise a part of my life!! :smile:
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Well, not sure if anyone's listening, but Thur+Fri clocked in at 1006+1005 (guess what my mental daily goal is?)

Total burned 7616 so 9884 to go.
  • Smiler24
    Options
    I'd love to give it a go - but my exercise is so low as I don't go to the gym (can't afford it) I don't think I'd hit the 17500 mark!

Today will be the first for exercise in December as I had a bad week last week and well couldn't get the motivation to do anything!

May log later tonight after I've got in my walks on the way to and from work/college.
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Welcome Smiler! By all means, pick a number that works for you and aim for that. Hopefully we can provide a few digital cheers along the way!
  • Smiler24
    Options
    Ok, thinking about it I may aim for 15,000 considering it is now the 10th of the month and well it's Christmas soon :-)
    Still in college, so there is still a bit of a walk to be done tonight I'll log the rest of the calories burned later tonight or tomorrow.
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Sat/Sun/Mon clocked in at 1223+1257+1443 so 11539 burned and 5961 to go.

9 days in a row over 1000 calories. By far the most exercise I've done consistently. Only 2 rest days since 18-Nov. Legs are fairly knackered as most of it is on the bike. Think I might have to start easing off before something gets injured!
  • Smiler24
    Options
    755 cals burned yesterday so 14,245 left to go
  • Smiler24
    Options
    666 cals burned today so 13,579 left to do.
  • Smiler24
    Options
    Only 609 burned yesterday.

12,970 to go

Can't wait for the exams to be over next week, will have more time to go for walks/cross trainer etc.
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Keep Smiling :-) You're hundreds of calories better off than everyone on the couch!

Tue/Wed/Thu clocked in at 1329+1402+1141 so 15411 burned and 2089 to go.

Going to try and keep up this momentum until at least the 21/Dec if I can. The pounds are coming off so it makes sense...
  • clairekeogh42
    Options
    Fab work Brian, it looks like you've reached your weight loss goal!!
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Yes. I've hit the goal I set in April but I know I'm not anywhere near "maintenance" yet. I'll give myself a week or two to set a 2013 goal.

Also hit my Dec exercise goal on the 15-Dec (!) 1323 burned on Sat brought me to 17764, just past my 17500 goal.

I'm on a roll with the exercise and I'm just going to keep trying to hit 1000 a day.

Had a warning about the perils of Christmas yesterday, though. Had 4 glasses of wine, chocolate, pringles and while I actually was under my daily MFP target for the day I stepped on the scale this morning 3lbs heavier than last friday!
  • bmoregan
    Options
    I suppose I've passed my goal but anyway...
    Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed came in at 1099+1057+1322+1044 so currently at 22286 cals burned for Dec.
  • Smiler24
    Options
    Well done Brian - fantastic job.

I've crashed and burned - a week of exams and an early Christmas have made me lose control. I've averaged out about 500 cals burned a day with commutes and whatnot, but the exam stress got to me and I literally grazed for the last two weeks with snacks and coffees and energy drinks to keep me awake while trying to juggle work and exams.

I think I may need to re-evaluate my situation and not get too stressed over this blip.
  • bmoregan
    Options
    Finished up Dec on 34760 calories burned. Averaged 1121 per day and only 3 rest days. Like almost everyone, up a pound or two over Xmas but keeping the exercise going must have kept the gains in check.

Need to start thinking about Jan goals...

Well done to everyone who posted all year and thanks for all the positive comments; here's to more in the New Year!