Any new moms?

Options

Replies

• MeganMT9
    MeganMT9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My son is 5 weeks old. He is my second and I never lost all the baby wight from the first. I was obese when I became pregnant and then gained 57 pounds. I lost 38 pounds the first 2 weeks home, but now I'm stuck. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the middle of March, when I have to look good in a bridesmaid's dress. Hopefully following this plan will help.I do have a question- I can't find how to add extra calories if breastfeeding. Does anyone know how many to add?
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My son is 5 weeks old. He is my second and I never lost all the baby wight from the first. I was obese when I became pregnant and then gained 57 pounds. I lost 38 pounds the first 2 weeks home, but now I'm stuck. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the middle of March, when I have to look good in a bridesmaid's dress. Hopefully following this plan will help.I do have a question- I can't find how to add extra calories if breastfeeding. Does anyone know how many to add?

Just had my second baby about 6 weeks ago...10 lbs to go til pre-baby weight, and about 15 to go to my goal. I know these last few pounds will be the hardest to get off!:(

For breastfeeding- if you type it into your food diary (weird I know), it will give you -500 calories for the day. That's what I've been doing since I'm exclusively breastfeeding...we can do this!!
  • Heat853
    Heat853 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just had my first baby on Oct 21st. He is amazing but I haven't had time to get work outs in as of yet. We just had our six week appointment today and everything looked good. I seriously need some support getting back to my old self though. I have 40-50 lbs I want to lose and getting started seems harder than I thought when you have a little one who needs your attention all the time. (well alot of the time).
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My boy is 9 days old, so very new mom here :) He is my first. I am also breastfeeding. I just set my calories to maintenance and am using whatever I burn breastfeeding as my deficit. I like it this way because I am not sure how much I burn breastfeeding. So far I have lost 33 lbs, of course mostly water weight, and I had 3 or 4 days I was on a liquid diet after birth.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im not a new mom yet but i am due in a couple weeks so i am peeking in to see what i have in store for myself!!!!!
  • ChelseaHamman
    ChelseaHamman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Had baby #4 on 11/17 -- so just over 2 weeks ago. Two months before this surprise pregnancy, I had *just* about made it to my goal weight with MFP -- eating well and exercising. I have to admit that I was blissfully ignorant with all of my previous pregnancies. I didn't pay too much attention to how much I ate or how much I gained... though I do believe that it was more than 50 pounds with baby #3. Now I feel like I'm starting all over again... but empowered --as I'm sure that I've done it before, I can do it again.
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My baby is 2 months old, and its the most amazing feeling in the world! He's just started smiling and we're SO close to getting a little giggle out of him. Loving every minute :)

Strangely enough, I lost weight in pregnancy, after having my little one I was actually smaller than I was pre-pregnancy and could fit into old clothes that I hadn't been able to wear in years! Kicked me off to a good start to my weight lost, in total I lost 19lbs in pregnancy, and a further 14lbs since joining MFP. (Just to add, it was my little man putting me off every morsel of food during the pregnancy that resulted in the weight loss!)
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter Oct. 4th. I also have a 23 mo. old.

This pregnancy I gained 50 pounds, and dropped 25 right away. I am now 20 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I had a rough pregnancy with lots of bedrest, so I am working hard at the gym to get my muscle and stamina back! It's coming back nicely. I just got cleared for full workouts again. I started back to the gym at 3 weeks pp but I kept it light and listened to my body. I had a c-section so I am still being mindful of my core.

Last pregnancy (also rough, and a c-section) I gained 55 and dropped it all, plus 15 more pounds in about 10 mo. without doing anything but breastfeeding. When I stopped breastfeeding and really got into going to the gym I stalled out but gained a lot of muscle and lost body fat. I also went back to regular BC pills when I stopped breastfeeding. I got my tubes tied so I hope not having to take BC will help me out!

I am breastfeeding again, and pumping enough for another baby....so I am eating a ton to try and get enough calories so my body doesn't hold onto everything. It's hard and I am reaching my goal most days. I have cut down my cardio at the gym and added more weight training so I have less calorie burn to deal with.

Just wanted to say - our babies share the same birthday! :) (4th Oct) Also a c-section birth, hope you're recovery is a little better than mine! I developed gallstones in pregnancy, then when he was 6 weeks old was back in hospital for 3 days due to pancreatitis. Having my gallbladder removed the week before christmas - I've been told next to a c-section, its a breeze! It was an emergency section so hadn't AT ALL prepared myself for it, and my, what a shock!
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just had my little girl November 28- I was induced 2 weeks early and it ended up as an emergency c section. I just got back out of the hospital again due to infection from my c section. I love my little gal and am so excited to be a first time mommy! I am breast feeding and hope to do this until she is 6 months old. I have a long way to go for weight loss but I'm taking it slow because I want to recover fully from my c section.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My little one is 5 1/2 weeks old :) I am so in love with her.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My littlw man will be two weeks old on Wednesday! :)
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had my 2nd daughter on 9/23 so she is 3 months old now. I am 5lbs under my pre-preg weight, even though i'm overweight already, i never seem to hang onto any pregnancy weight I gain even with my first. I really want to gain my strength back though because I was on bed rest a lot with this one and lost some muscle mass, even though I was already weak from first pregnancy as well. I want to boost my muscle mass back up so I don't gain weight so quickly when I stop breastfeeding. Last time I stopped breastfeeding with my first and i gained 25lbs back almost overnight.
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I see a few of you are breastfeeding. :smile: Definitely make sure you are eating enough. It is possible to lose weight. Here is a good calculator (for anyone really) to figure your daily caloric needs to stay at the weight you are at: http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator . Obviously you aren't here to stay the same weight (well most of us aren't anyway) so multiply this by .80 (20% down from your tdee). This will give you the calorie goal you would aim for before adding back in calories for breastfeeding. You get 20 calories per ounce that your baby eats or that you pump. Since you really can't tell what baby is eating you have to make a guess. My little one is a chunker so I guess about 32 ounces X 20 = 640 extra calories. The total you get may seem quite high but use it. If you don't eat enough (breastfeeding or not) you can send your body into starvation mode which will cause you to plateau or struggle losing anything. I found that going below 2000 that my milk supply decreased like crazy. My current calorie goal is 2600 and I lose about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week as long as I stay on track.
  • hazellatrice
    hazellatrice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    had my bundle of joy Oct, 30th, 2012 ! almost 2months
  • nesmrianna
    Options
    Had my 3rd daughter on 10/11/12 and just started working out 4weeks ago. Feel free to add me.
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had my first baby 8 weeks ago and have 15lbs left to lose. I EBF my little girl, but just bought a pump with hopes that she will take a bottle once in a while so I can get out of the house for a few hours and look after myself and not need to rush home to feed (go to the gym, get a much-needed hair cut!). I was cleared for exercise a few weeks ago but the scar tissue from my 2nd degree tear and episiotomy is still sensitive, so I get sore if I do too much. Looking forward to the day when I can exercise two days in a row without discomfort!

Feel free to add me!
  • mandigrace613
    Options
    im a new mama. I had my little one on November 9th. I gain 50 lbs during my pregnancy, all with in the last trimester!!! and ive lost just about 34 lbs of it. I started out a bit chunky, so im looking to lose about 66 more lbs before june. Hubby and i are going on vacation to celebrate our 30th birthdays, our 4th anniversary, my graduating with my masters, and the start of TTC number two in july. :)
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My son is 11 days old....I gained 20 lbs and have lost 10 so far. But, I have another 50-60 lb to lose after that.
  • mmmnhmr
    mmmnhmr Posts: 22
    Options
    My little guy is 7 months and I have about 8lbs to go. He was a small fry (6lbs1oz) so I only gained ~35lbs.