Week 12 report - Sunday 12/2/2012

Options
airboy1952
airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
Fellow Challengers,

This week I lowered my daily calorie target from 1700 to 1200 in an attempt to get closer to my target weight by the end of this Ultra Challenge. (At last weigh-in I had less than 2 lb to go.)

I didn't quite hit that average for the week --- I was under the target 3 days out of 7, and was 1,006 calories over my target for the week (an average of 144 calories/day over the target). According to MyFitnessPal, this should still lead to a decent weight loss for the week. Tuesday's weigh-in will tell!

I had hoped to burn more calories this weekend, but I strained my left calf muscle while running on Saturday. This will put a damper on my calorie burn for the next few days, alas. But otherwise I'm feeling happy to be so close to my target...

Cheers,
Roger

Replies

• palheather
    Options
    Hi Gang,

This week was the first full week of my new carb light adventure... I truly miss them but hopefully it is helping! We'll see how the scale is affected on Wednesday morning. Here's my update:

1. I worked out five of the seven days for a total calorie burn of 3551 (just above the KB 3500 level but not to my 110% goal of 3850). It was a tough week to eek out enough time to exercise. I will try to step it up this week, although my bday may make that a little challenging assuming I want to fit some social time into my non-work hours...

2. I ate within my calorie goals six of the seven days but easily stayed with the weekly limit.

3. I did one fun physical challenge outside of the norm: I ran the Santa Claus 5K yesterday. It felt good except that one of my hips is acting up and was pretty pissed at me during the run. Hopefully that's just a temporary thing.

I can't believe that we are in the final week of the KB Challenge! Hard to believe that it will end so soon. I'll be extending my Ultra Challenge final date to December 16 since I leave for the holidays on December 17 and am hoping to reach certain milestones before I see my relatives!

cheers,
    Heather
  • airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like Heather's idea of extending the end date of the Ultra Challenge to Sunday 12/16 --- gives me a few more days to reach my weight goal! Thanks, Heather!

Cheers,
    Roger