HELP - EM2LW Starter (full of protein & confusions)

Options
Hello,

I've just started EM2LW and I just want some help! I dont know if I'm doing it right or I'm making progress of not.

So this is my 4th week of reset, I've been upping my cals from 1200 and now im on 2000 + my workout calories (which I record with HRM). I work out 5 times a week doing weights and a little bit of cardio HIIT plus a walking to work. I don't usually eat all my exercise calories back because there just isnt enough time in the day but I'm always above my BRM.

I wasn't entirely sure if i should work out my TDEE / BMR (using the scooby calc) including my exercise cals or not. As I record them with my HRM it seems more accurate.

These are the numbers inputting 5-6hours of exercise / week

1507 - BMR
2599 - TDEE
2209 - (I think this is my TDEE with 15% cut)

These are the numbers if I put 1-3 light exercise

1507 - BMR
2072 - TDEE
1761 - (cut%)

Am I doing the right thing by eating 2000 + my exercise cals? Or should I just set it at one amount and eat it regardless?

I know the whole point of the the reset is to 'reset' the metabolism after years of abuse which I've certainly had but I want to make sure that my body isn't spiraling out of control and that I'm going to eat up just huge!!

While I feel good mentally-ish and full of energy and eating what my body needs is great, I do feel big. Like just big all the time...whenever I catch myself in the mirror I feel like 'urghhh' but I'm trying to shut that all out and focus on the benefits etc but It's getting harder. I know it's going to be a long journey but I want to make sure I'm doing it right!

2 Sept 2012 - Week before I started EM2LW
Waist: 27.1(-0.2)
Chest: 34 (-1)
Underbust: 29.8 (+0.2)
Hips:34.8 (-.014)
Left thigh:21.4
Right thigh:21.3
Weight:67.2 (-0.6)
Body fat 27 (-0.6)
Bone:2.1 (0)
Water:54 (+0.3)
Muscle:38.1 (-0.3)

12 October - EM2WL WEEK 1
Waist:27.7 (+0.6)
Chest: 34 (0)
Underbust: 29.6 (-0.2)
Hips:36.1 (+1.3)
Left thigh:20.2 (-1.2)
Right thigh:19.8 (1.5)

19 October - EM2LW WEEK 2 (very ill this week so low calories)
Waist:27.5 (-0.2)
Chest:34 (0)
Underbust: 30.2 (+0.6)
Hips:35.5 (-0.6)
Left thigh:21
Right thigh:21

27 October - WEEK 3 EM2LW (Week 1 of weight training 5 x week)
Waist:27.5 (0)
Chest: 35 (+1)
Underbust: 30.8 (+0.6)
Hips:34.8 (-0.7)
Left thigh21.1 (+0.1)
Right thigh:20.7 (-0.3)
Weigh: 68.5 (-0.7)

03 November - WEEK 4 EM2LW (Week 2 of weight training 5 x week)
Waist:27.9 (+0.4)
Chest: 35 (0)
Underbust:30.4 (-0.4)
Hips:35.6 (+0.8)
Left thigh:21.5 ( +0.4)
Right thigh:21.5 (+1.4)
Weight:69.2

I don't really know what to make of any of these measurements, I want to take pictures of myself but I just find that really difficult and upsetting most of the time.

I'd really appreciate any advice / insight and help on this... I want to do this properly but it's so unsettling eating this much and knowing that I'm getting bigger?!!?

Thanks!

Replies

• Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Well first of all I am glad you are feeliing energized, that is fantasic. As far as the reset goes, it is common to put on scale weight and increase inches due to the body learning to 'trust' you and the fact that you are lifting because it is utilizing the muscles and they retain water. Don't be discouraged, you are doing great! It is common I have read to go up in scale weight but it shall pass. How long are you doing your reset for? I would suggest the first set of numbers, based on your activity, 2599 as a flat number. In my experience I do better eating my tdee (2600) plus exercise my body likes it better. Just be sure not to net under your bmr.I hope this is helpful, and good luck! Make sure you drink plenty of water.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You got some great advice from Crystal :)
  • lockelamora88
    Options
    I still don't understand how the TDEE thing works....I mean if I eat the set amount that scooby says based on my activity level (which cant't be THAT accurate, I mean we're all different etc etc), then what do I do on my days off? Surely by that token I need to work out everyday which seems to be again the EM2WL ethos... Surely's its easier and more accurate to set my cals to my BMR and then add on cals as and when I use them?

I'm getting one of those all day calories montior things to get a better idea of my TDEE / weekly TDEE so hopefully that will help but i just have this horrid feeling that im eating too much...but then some times I feel scared that i'm not eating enough!??!?! Ahhh!
  • mcr5073
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you, bc I am having the same confused questions about my own calories/exercise.. but just know you're not alone!! :)