Not Quite 40...

Options
YarinaB73
YarinaB73 Posts: 11 Member
My 40th birthday is 10 (short) months away, so I hope no one minds my joining 40 and Fabulous a bit early. I am new to MFP and seeking help to keep motivated. Although I try to stay active, working and attending school take so much of time (I should be studying for a test right now, actually). I noticed my metabolism decided to take the slow road once I hit 38 - please tell me I am not the only one!

Replies

• jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nope, you are not alone on this, been there....I think I put on the most weight at 38 onwards. It's good that you start early, it's so hard to get back in shape, takes extra extra efforts just to lose those 10 when putting them on was not even noticeable until the day ooooops, I got to buy medium instead of small, and start wearing loose fitting clothes.

Welcome to the 40s club. And good luck n your test.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely not alone.. I think our bodies start rebelling for some reason. But with some hard work and commitment, it is most certainly possible to get back on track. Welcome to the 40s. :smile:
  • YarinaB73
    YarinaB73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :happy:
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I will turn 40 in January, so I am in the same boat. Also starting grad classes in January along with working full time. Feel free to add me. Maybe we can help keep each other motivated to study and stay fit!