Most Efficient Way to Burn Calories

Options
I'm trying to get to the gym 5 days a week. I want to burn the most calories in the least time without being so miserable that I'm discouraged. So far I'm finding that I can burn about 100 cal. per 10 minutes on a treadmill (incline 12, 3.6mph). I'd love some other ideas.

Replies

• TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can burn a ridiculous amount of calories on the elliptical. It's great cardio too. Besides just burning calories, its also good to fit in some weight training. Muscle burns up fat and helps you to get lean :)
  • salubriousliving
    Options
    interval training is great as well! you burn more calories doing interval training rather than going at a steady pace.
    jump roping is great too!
  • laurie_reyes
    Options
    Thanks! that's helpful.
  • mrs_brown89
    Options
    the most cals I have ever burnt per min is TAE BO!!!
    therse almost no rest time its just med and high cardio. But its great and the videos are like 40min-60min long (sometimes i do only 30min)

But thers like 15 or so FULL VIDEOS on youtube FREE Thats what i do
    (and its how i dropped 45 pounds before)

I gained some of it back when i stopped caring about what i ate tho, so I am back no it again now.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    definitely interval training! it's awesome.
  • country_gal84
    Options
    I definately must agree! Tae bo burns lots of calories. It's fun to do and who doesn't love billy and his team??? Im doing Tae Bo tonight. Can' wait!!!
  • elli0702
    Options
    The rowing machine can burn 100 calories in 5 minutes if you're doing it right. It's hard to do it for more than 5 though!