Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

CLX and Insanity combo

Love2lift72
Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
I love, love, love CLX. I don't think I would have ever gotten into exercise as much as i did if it weren't for my lifting. However, I am not seeing the results that I had hope to. I am not losing weight. I have taken measurements and they are going slowly down, but I want more!! LOL So I am thinking of doing an Insanity/CLX combo. Anyone do this? Advice?
Thanks

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Are you doing her cardio workouts as well? And the abs? If you do it might just be water weight from the lifting that makes the scale not showing anything.... I am in the lean phase, lost very little weigh, but lost a lot of inches....
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost much weight at all in the last month.
  • I just started today. I printed out a schedule. I had forgotten how tough Insanity was. :)
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    I say go for it! These kind of second helpings are the good kind! I'm doing a TF/CLX hybrid program right now and I love the combo. I find doing the extra cardio gives me more energy and helps with the weight loss a ton :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    I like Chalean Extreme, but I have added on other cardio workouts or the elliptical at the gym after the shorter workouts to increase the calorie burn and fit in cardio.
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to decide what I would like to do. There are people on both sides of the fence for adding cardio with lifting. I am trying to learn more so I can decide how I feel about it. In the mean time, I had a body builder tell me to drop it all, do P90X and walk hills quickly for just 15 minutes. This guy is in great shape and that's how he got started. so.... back to thinking.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Hi! I just did a full round of Chalean and finished in November. I took a few weeks to decide what to do. I bought Insanity, and tested that out while taking a rest from CLX (as I was advised to do after I finished), then decided to do a CLX/Insanity Hybrid. I'm in my 2nd week now and am enjoying it a lot.

I found some ideas on what to do on the web, and altered it a bit to fit what I like---it sort of goes like this:

Monday--CLX Burn 1/Insanity Cardio Abs
    Tuesday-Insanity Plyo CIrcuit
    Wednesday-- CLX Burn 2/Insanity Cardio Abs/ possibly a few min. of yoga
    Thursday--Insanity Cardio Power
    Friday--CLX Burn 3/Insanity Cardio Abs
    Sat--Insanity Pure Cardio
    Sunday---Insanity Recovery/CLX Recharge.

Anyway, after Burn, then it'll go to Push and then Lean. The only question I have still to figure out is when I'll switch to the Insanity "max" workouts. I guess I'll play it by ear...

Oh, I did P90x too, and loved it, and Tony Horton is a lot of fun, but find the CLX schedule gives me more wiggle room to do other things, because the workouts are shorter. With P90x you are pretty much committed to about 60-75 min/day.

If you want to keep in touch, please feel free to add me.