December 3 - 9 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello All and Welcome to December. Here are the mini challenges for the week. Please let me know if there is something specific you would like me to do and let me know what you think of these. I know it may seem like big numbers for the strength exercise but the key is to do what you can and maybe just a couple more and then the following week try to do a little better. Please feel free to post here how you did.

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Review your calorie intake and try to avoid empty calories such as food high in sugar. If you are a soda drinker make today a soda free day.
Cardio- go for a 45 minute brisk walk/ jog. Make sure to get your heart rate up.
Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)
Water- drink 64 ozsof water today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Eat at least 6 times today. Have 3 main meals and 3 snacks of less that 100 calories each.
Cardio/strength- Do 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, and 10 lunges. Repeat this 4X's
Water- drink 64 ozs of water today.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Substitute one bad choice in your diet with 1 or 2 good choices. (ie grapes instead of cookies, carrot sticks instead of chips)
Cardio- do an interval work out. start with 5 minute warm up, then alternate 30 seconds jog/run with 1 minute walk (at least 8 times)
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push ups at your level

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food- Carb Reduction. For one day cut your carbs in half and try to consume the majority of your carbs before your evening meal. Make sure they are good carbs.
Cardio- do a 30-45 minute cardio workout
Strength - do 10 standing dumbbell curls, 10 front arm raises, and 10 lateral raises. Repeat 4X's (you can find the videos on youtube)

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.
Cardio- Do 30 - 45 minutes jump rope/stairs/jog on the spot etc. Anything that will get your heart rate up.
Strength- 10 squats, 10 rear lunge, and 10 diagonal lunge. Repeat 4X's

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food- Make sure you are not snacking on bad foods. Keep your snacks healthy. (at least 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, nuts etc)
Cardio/Strength- Today is a good day to treat yourself. Maybe go for a stroll in the mall, spend some time with your family at the park, Do something that you enjoy doing.

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food- make sure you are being honest with everything you consume.
Cardio/Strength- we all deserve a day of rest and relaxation so today is that day.

Please note that this is just a guide-line. I am by no means a professional in diet nor exercise and what I state here are things that I have learned and tried through my year long journey. Please go at your pace but make sure you challenge yourself. You will see results. This is all about supporting each other through some of the toughest days and celebrating our successes. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a great week.

Keep smiling ,
Donna

Replies

• Allfor3
    Options
    Are we supposed to pick one a day or try all of them?
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Are we supposed to pick one a day or try all of them?

The goal is to complete everything listed for each specific day.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am also Doing 30DS so is it okay to say what I did in that works for some things on the challenge. or should I do them again. For example, in 30 day shred you do sit ups, jumping jacks, and squats. I was wondering if that counted for that portion of the day.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    I am also Doing 30DS so is it okay to say what I did in that works for some things on the challenge. or should I do them again. For example, in 30 day shred you do sit ups, jumping jacks, and squats. I was wondering if that counted for that portion of the day.

The 30 day shred is a very well rounded workout and usually covers all or most of the mini challenge. I would say to just say you did the 30 day shred would cover it. Good Luck with it. I have never been able to finish it.
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    Drank all my water
    Walked briskly for 30 minutes
    Did 50 crunches
    Stayed under my calorie count !
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Monday - did not get in the crunches :grumble: , but I got in some walkng and my water is done!

See you tomorrow
  • JenniferEM2012
    Options
    Monday min challenge:
    I was not able to stay under calorie goal. Monday's are my cheat days and I usually go about 50-100 calories over my normal days. I also did not do the cardio I ran out of time before it got cold and dark. I did do the crunches however. I was so excited that I was able to get those done. I was also able to drink 88 ounces of water. For some reason when I started to drink water today I couldn't stop.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Mastered Monday, cals were really close though. On to Tuesday's challenge!
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    Food- under cals and sugars!
    Cardio- day off
    Strength- crunches in
    Water- didn't get all water in. deff on it for today
  • JenniferEM2012
    Options
    Tuesday:
    Food- Was not able to eat 6 meals a day. It is hard to when I am at work.
    Cardio/strength- I did Level 1 Day 3 of 30 day shred. I am using that for this.
    Water- As of right now I am at 50 oz and have not had dinner yet. I usually drink at least 10 with dinner. So I will hit this as well.
  • mommashelli
    Options
    Tuesday
    Food- yeah not even close to balancing out meals today. but still great with cals
    Cardio/strength- sets done. also did fluidity
    Water- not all in. having a hard time this week with water.

great job everyone!
  • cdpits
    Options
    Got my 6 meals in & all my water. Didn't get all the exercises done, my artificial knees just don't like to do lunges LOL!!
  • mommashelli
    Options
    Wednesday
    Food- instead of skipping morning snack I added half of a grapefruit
    Cardio- walked 1hr
    Strength- 100 push ups done (on knees)
    Water- water is in today! YAY
  • cdpits
    Options
    Wed: Not a good food day, I went for the popcorn for a snack instead of a fruit :( Workouts today were an epic fail ! Got in my water & then some as my work schedule was really messed. Back on track tomorrow !
  • cdpits
    Options
    Thirsday: Carb reduction is everyday as I am on low carb already. Did 30 mins cardio but totally missed the strength training. Water was good !!
  • mommashelli
    Options
    hursday Mini Challenge:
    Food- carb slicing didn't go so well. lol but managed to eat healthier ones
    Cardio- day off
    Strength - arms done
    Water- water in

Friday Mini Challenge:
    Food- failed only able to cut 200 today. I need to start making more food instead of packaged stuff
    Cardio- 30min ballet toning
    Strength- didn't do...I could make many excuses but really hate lunges and kept putting them off until way to late.
    Water- water in

Have a great weekend everyone! Good luck to all who weigh in today!