Intros :)

Options
Hi everyone :) Im jessica, this will be my 2nd attempt at 30 DS last time i got to the end of level 2 and then got lazy :( But this time i am going to finish!! I will have to take a week break dec 16-21st i have to take a village trip for work and will be staying in a clinic away from home for a week so i will not be able to do my workouts, but i will keep going as soon as i get home :) I started out on MFP at 218 lbs 4 months after my daughter was born and i am not down to 197 :) I am 5'3 and 21 years old i have struggled with weight since high school and after i had my baby i decided it was time to loose the weight and get in shape. I want to be a fit and heatlhy mom and set a good example for her and be able to do things with her, i dont want to be the mom thats too fat to play with her kids. I cant wait till the day i reach my goal :) Gotta take it one step at a time and 30 ds is where i am now :) Thanks to everyone who is joining me :)

Replies

• sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got this in the mail yesterday and will start for the first time tonight. I'm so excited!!
    I used to teach Zumba at a local curves but they closed and haven't really done any exercise since then.

Looking forward to see my body change. Not so much worried about dropping weight but losing inches.

Good luck everyone!
  • Vernaverna
    Options
    Hey, I just joined the website and I'm totally in for starting this challenge today! I've always been naturally thin, but now at age 26 I suddenly realized how much weight I've gained over the past few years from my metabolism naturally slowing down, as well as from drinking too much. I've been sober for a few weeks and ready to turn my life around, starting with my health!

I'm so excited to have this group because it will make sticking with it so much easier. I'm really nervous because I haven't exercised regularly in a LONG time, but hopefully this will be the start of something great.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just joined the website and I'm totally in for starting this challenge today! I've always been naturally thin, but now at age 26 I suddenly realized how much weight I've gained over the past few years from my metabolism naturally slowing down, as well as from drinking too much. I've been sober for a few weeks and ready to turn my life around, starting with my health!

I'm so excited to have this group because it will make sticking with it so much easier. I'm really nervous because I haven't exercised regularly in a LONG time, but hopefully this will be the start of something great.

Congrats on being sober and making the commitment for change :) I hope you stick to it and get the results you want :)
  • Meliss0814
    Options
    I'm in! Just had a baby in oct and I have about 25lbs to lose. I have a bridesmaids dress sitting in my closet that needs to fit next summer! I'll start today. Good luck everyone.
  • swinfrey16
    Options
    Just so happens that I started 30 DS yesterday - before I even knew this group existed. Pretty excited to lose some weight again - I was within 15 lbs of my goal weight a couple years ago, then gave up. I've now got about 40 lbs to lose...those jeans in my closet WILL fit again!!
  • schmittie01
    schmittie01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm kary and i start 30 shred and always get distracted. I saw this and i'm a couple days late but i will start this tonight! I need to lose some extra lbs i put on in the summer time so that i can fit into my wedding dress in may!
  • Msvtone
    Msvtone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. Im Veronica, I have the JM DVD's.. Lets do it!!
  • cfrancewife
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! My dvd just came in the mail last night. I always quite stuff and never finish, so this group will give me a good kick in the butt. I am turning 30 on the 16th, am married, and have birthed 4 children. My last 3 were all with in 3 1/2 years from start to finish. I am tired of my son's friends making fun of him because his mommy is fat. I havent been fit since before my first son was born and that was 8 years ago. My children are 8, 2, and 1. We also have an angel in heaven. Everything else about me is probly boring. lol
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am Brie. This is my second time through 30 day shred. I completed 30 days straight in September 2011. I had great results! Completed Day 2 of level 1 about an hour ago, woohoo!
  • teremenmar
    teremenmar Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I can start tomorrow (12/5/12)?
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Not too late :) The more people the better :)
  • teremenmar
    teremenmar Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Not too late :) The more people the better :)

Awesome! I'm in!!! On sat I'll do it twice to make up for yesterday :)
  • holiaaan
    Options
    Hi everyone :) my name is Hulya & I'm trying to lose wieght & the mlst important some inches .. so I'm in :) I started today
  • Meliss0814
    Options
    We can do this!
  • pandaluck
    Options
    I'd like to join! I too will start tomorrow.

Did you guys know that the whole DVD is on youtube for free? I just searched for jillian michaels 30 day shred and it's all up there.
  • TiciaLove
    TiciaLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I joined another group on here, but this one seems more engaging and hopefully, will give me that extra push. I started 30DS on the 1st. So, today is day four for me. First day is the hardest, but keep at it. I can do more as each day progresses. The pain lessens up also. Keep pushing and keep working everyday. I didn't stop because of pain because I wanted to make sure that I stayed with it. I do my workout in the morning before work. I'm really proud of myself!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Peggy, I started on the 1st and had to stop for 2 days due to technical difficulties but back at it today. I've started and never fininshed a few times, I hope to make it through to the end this time, by doubling up a few days. I have to go out of town on the 28th and make up for the 2 days I skipped. I hope this group helps me stay motivated and I can help you stick with it!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for this group. (Like someone else said, I joined another as well but I need all the support I can get!)

I just learned about the 30 Day Shred today on the MFP message boards, so I looked it up on YouTube and gave it a shot. I have been doing some cardio recently so I thought I could tackle this but I had to rest in the middle and I'm sooo weak now I am not sure if I will be able to do my normal treadmill tonight. I will keep at it, though.

I am hoping adding this every day pushes me off a plateau though I understand from others the benefits are more in inches than pounds. Looking forward to getting to know you all in the next month!
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just so happens that I started 30 DS yesterday - before I even knew this group existed. Pretty excited to lose some weight again - I was within 15 lbs of my goal weight a couple years ago, then gave up. I've now got about 40 lbs to lose...those jeans in my closet WILL fit again!!
    Me too, I started yesterday not knowing there was a group and this is perfect. I really feel that group challenges keep me more motivated. I am in one, lose 20lbs by x-mas and just reached that goal today, 3 weeks early. I really wanted to start something else. I have quite a bit to lose so wanted to give 30DS a try, again. I don't think I've ever actually finished all 3 levels so this would be an accomplishment.