Leslie Sansone December 2012 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'll join the challenge. I am doing her 1 mile Get Up and Get Started with 3 pound handheld weights (not her balls--don't have them) as done on the DVD 4 times/wk X 4 wks = 16 miles and the 2 mile High Calorie Burn without weights 6 times/wk x 4 wks = 48 miles for a total of 64 miles (ok--I'll add an extra mile for 65). Dec 4--on schedule 11 miles done.
  • mpallone1
    mpallone1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 - 6 miles
    Dec 3 - 8 miles
    Dec 4 - 5 miles

19 miles down! 61 miles to go!! :)
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Dec 4th

Goal: 80 miles

Today: 3 miles

Total: 21 miles
  • christchick7
    Options
    Texasgardnr and Princess,

I think the Upper Body workout you mention was part of an upper/lower workout Leslie put out called ShortCuts.
    It's now part of a "new" DVD package called 7 Day Calorie Blast. I'm really hoping someone will give me 7DCB
    for Christmas; I've already dropped hints. Me too on BADLY needing the weight training!!!!:tongue: I'm also ex-
    cited about Walk Away Your Stress and Heart Healthy Walk too.

Let me know what you think about 7DCB if you have it or get it. Really interested to know.

Sue
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Dec 4 Burn Body Fat & sculpt your arms 3 miles. Total so far 14. 76 to go.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options

I think the Upper Body workout you mention was part of an upper/lower workout Leslie put out called ShortCuts.
    It's now part of a "new" DVD package called 7 Day Calorie Blast. I'm really hoping someone will give me 7DCB
    for Christmas; I've already dropped hints. Me too on BADLY needing the weight training!!!!:tongue: I'm also ex-

Let me know what you think about 7DCB if you have it or get it. Really interested to know.

Sue

I borrowed the 7DCB from the library to try it out. Yes, the strength segments are the "Shortcuts". Also the "1 Mile Get Started" was previously released as 'Walk with Me' and the "2 Mile Fitness Walk" was previously released as 'Walk Diet 2 Miles' (per back package notes).
    The Walk Diet one Mile is on the WAP For Your Week DVD and both Walk Diets are sold on a separate earlier DVD release. You can see clips on collagevideo.com

For me: I really liked the Walk Away Your Stress Walk the best. The Heart Healthy Walk was good, but not quite as intense as the Stress walk. Today I did the Heart Healthy Walk to start out and get moving and followed it with the Walk Away Stress walk (with out any cool down in between). That gave me a good w/o today.

I did not try the lower body Short Cut yet, and I have to give the DVD back tomorrow so I may not get to it. I did like the upper body strength segment. I like that it had a walking warm up before the w/o. And I love the living room setting:smile: . Same room used in some of Sansone's Walk the Walk (Christian themed walk with some Christian music during the walks) DVDs.

If you go to .collagevideo.com you can see video clips of the DVDs. And read an instructor review as well as customer reviews.

Hope this helps some.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

4 miles: WAP 7 Day Calorie Blast: 2 miles- Walk Away Your Stress. And 2 miles Heart Healthy Walk

Goal for December: 60

So far: 6 miles

Nighty night :yawn:
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Gooood Morning!

Welcome to those who have joined us!!

DEC 1 - 5m Fat Burning Walk - no boost, watching after my left knee
    DEC 3 - 3M Calorie Blast with walk belt
    DEC 4- 2M Belly Blasting Walk + Floor 1
    DEC 5 - 4M SuperWalk w/cables

GOAL - 75 MILES
    SO FAR - 14 MILES
    LEFT TO GO - 61

Have a great rest of the week! Keep on walking!
  • setang
    setang Posts: 107
    Options
    December goal : 100miles
    Todate: 16 miles
    Left : 84 miles
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    December Christmas Challenge

Goal 50 miles

Dec 1 - 2 miles ... High Calorie Burn
    Dec 3 - 3 miles ... Super Fat Burning
    Dec 4 - 2 miles ... High Calorie Burn
    Dec 5 - 3 miles ... Super Fat Burning

Total - 10 miles

40 to go.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal: 60 miles

Dec 1 2 Mles 4 Mile Super Challenge Mile 1 and 2
    Dec 2 4 Miles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Dec 3 3 miles 5 Day Slim Down Mile 2,3 and 4 51 miles to go as of today.
    Dec 4 5 Miles 2 of the 5 Day Slim Down and 3 of walking
    Dec 5 3 Miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk

17 Miles Walked so far. There should be a sweating smiley icon. Or maybe one with a sweatband or something to denote great feats of exercise. Or maybe a medal! Oh yeah, I think we all deserve a medal!!! :happy:
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Sue

Hey Sue!

I was not totally thrilled with 7 Day Calorie Burn but I did like the Walk Away your stress walk and the evening walk. If it's weight training you need, Burn Body Fat is a great one!

I am really loving the Just Walk Series, I now have four of them - LOL, I know, I know, I have a problem passing up a Leslie DVD. The 5 day walk plan is a very good one and I just love the new 2M Belly Blasting walk that I just got.

Hope that helps! Texasgardnr has excellent reviews also and gives me heads up on new ones on collagevideo. com LOL

Love walking with you!!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    December challenge
    Goal:60
    so far : 5 (5 day walk plan)
    4 (4 mile power walk)
    3 miles outside
    To go:48

Didn't plan on any walking today but while running I had a problem with one foot and had to walk home. So I thought I can log this here:bigsmile: Hehehe, I never let a mile go to waste, let alone 3.
    Happy walking my friends:drinker:
  • christchick7
    Options
    Texasgardnr and Princess...thank you so much for the feedback on 7DCB; my friend Helen gave it to me
    as a belated b'day gift today. I'm excited to try it, and will put the others you mentioned on my list. Your
    support and encouragement has been a blessing to me.:flowerforyou:

Wednesday Dec 5

Goal: 80 miles

Today: 4 miles

Total: 25 miles
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Dec 5th 2 miles Active Adult video. 74 miles to go.
  • mpallone1
    mpallone1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 - 6 miles
    Dec 3 - 8 miles
    Dec 4 - 5 miles
    Dec 5 - 4 miles

23 miles down! 57 miles to go!! :)
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Dec 2 - 3 mile walk your belly flat plus abs