Something that helped me OTC

Options
Hi everyone! I've been reading all of your posts. I was diagnosed with PMDD, and the doctor prescribed medication that would cost me over $80 a month for generic (the non generic was over $200). With the insurance I have now, I can't afford that, so I started researching and asking people. I've found that taking 100% of calcium, magnesium, and B6 a day helped a bit. Shortly after, I added Evening Primrose Oil (the directions are for three a day, but I only take one a day). Not only did I not have any rage or hormones this month, my period was shorter as well!

I wanted to mention it here so maybe it will help one of you as well.

Replies

• stitchinhippie
    Options
    Thanks Tappanga!
    I started taking supplements this summer similar to yours....liquid Calcium/Magnesium twice a day, a good multivitamin, and Evening Primrose twice a day. I also take a liquid Omega 3/6/9 on occasion. I found that they did help, but I was still having weepiness. I ended up on an anti-depressant. Mine is only $30/month, though and I don't have insurance. I still take all of the same supplements along with the prescription and I have been doing great for 2 months now! No symptoms at all really. :)