Starting again?

ktno1
ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
Hey guys, just wanted some advice I guess.

I've missed some workouts and taken some time off for personal reasons. Have started up again and completing week 8 this week, so now 2 weeks behind. Being behind doesn't bother me, I know you are all still here for support!

But I feel like I have lost a little fitness and am starting to get discouraged with the amount of exercises I have to modify and the short breaks I have to take. I still feel like I'm doing about 80% of what I'm supposed to be and modifying about 20%. I just keep thinking back to week 1 and how strong I felt because I could get through the whole workout without a single modification or break.

I'm contemplating starting again for this reason but on the other hand I've already come so far and it's not like I'm completely unable to do the workouts at this level.

Just thought I'd ask what you all think about this as I'm not sure. Determined to stick with the program either way though!

Replies

• tigerg1
    tigerg1 Posts: 7 Member
    I feel where you are coming from. I did weeks 9 and 10 and now am nursing knees and shoulders. I stopped for this week. thinking about starting again after Christmas.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Personally I can't stand having to start over when I have gotten so far so I would keep going :) But that's me even now with having to take time off from the surgery once I decide to do this again I really really don't want to do month 1 again lol. I have been thinking can I get away with starting at month 2 :) Just do what you feel is best for you.
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Maybe you should redo a couple of weeks to regain your strength and confidence. I don't think you should start over again from day 1. If you just completed week 7/8, maybe start over from week 5/6 and continue on from there.

Of course it's best to not miss any workouts if you want to get optimal results, but life happens sometimes. We are aiming for progress not perfection. Glad you decided to get back into it and keep on charging forward. So proud of you!

Scarlet
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    I would have to agree with Scarlet. There's definitely no need to start over from week 1. I have been following it pretty regularly for the past 9 weeks and I was DYING on week 9. I had to pause the dvd, I was modifying several exercises, and felt nauseaus after I finished. I actually laid down and slept for an hour and half after I finished the workout. The thing I've noticed is that I am able to do things now that I could not do in week 1...like a real push up. I've also noticed that in her DVD, a lot of the folks participating are modifying the exercises too. Mimi is INFAMOUS for not doing the last one or not going as hard. If you watch them, you'll see that they are modifying the exercises too.

So, don't feel discouraged. Focus on the strength that you've built and the things that you CAN do now versus the things that you're still working to accomplish. You've got this! :flowerforyou: