Side Lunges

Options
Hi! I just completed day 5 and I'm glad to say it's been getting easier! However, I still seem to have a lot of trouble with the side lunges. Does anyone else have trouble with these? Maybe I should try without the weights?

Replies

• diannehague
    diannehague Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3, the side lunges hurt my knees, but it is a bit better each day....that makes me motivated. I love the workout, it goes by fast and it is not boring for me. I am a little sore all over, but I like it as it reminds me I have muscle under all this fat and someday I will see them again lol.
  • gaveupheart
    gaveupheart Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did my first day and these were the hardest! It wasnt even the lunge part (I have pretty strong legs) but the arm raise with the lunges. My arms are about to fall off!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Make sure your sticking that booty out!! I've noticed that's alot of the problem!!! =)
  • katanasnk
    katanasnk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep sticking the booty out.
    For the arms--try lighter hand weights, swap hands (so one's empty and one's full), or use one weight and grip with both hands.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Also make sure your feet our wide apart. Sometimes I have to play with the distance between each other. It's really important to make sure that Knee doesn't go over your feet!!
  • DreamingRealist
    DreamingRealist Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Got it, thanks! I don't think I was sticking my butt out enough. (:
  • rayray1851
    rayray1851 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Overall, for me, it's just an awkward move! I suffer through it, but enjoy everything else :)
  • wildfirefly1
    Options
    Yeah I've definitely been feeling it in the arms. Last two days have done first one with no wieghts and second set finished strong with weights.

I've had trouble with the jump rope though. Had sore calves, and think I may have slightly strained one today. Any recommendations about that?