Heart rate monitors

Options
What is your favorite hrm and why?

Replies

• mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 and so far I love it. Still trying to learn it so I can use the data to effectively target the fat I want to burn. I also bought the Flowlink device to transfer to the computer, (have not used it yet). Used it on an elliptical aboard a ship at sea and device communicated with elliptical and tracked HR.

Hint: buy it on-line. I bought mine from Amazon and paid $116 for the FT7 AND the Flowlink. If you walk into a store like ****'s Sporting Goods you will pay $109 for the FT7 alone.
  • stevenhunt82
    stevenhunt82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have one now that just measures in real time, no data capture. I'm looking for one that will capture data during a workout so that I can adjust my workout to maximize my results.
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Also I just started using it at home on my elliptical. Calories spent from HRM are less than the elliptical machine and even those are less than on the MFP site, (which I'm not sure if it takes your gender, weight or age into effect). This could be why I am not loosing as fast as I believed I should.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I got a FT4 for $10 (brand new, still in the unopened box) from the Goodwill and it works awesomely! I originally wanted a FT7, but wasn't willing to spend the money because of other issues.... so this works great for me.
  • stevenhunt82
    stevenhunt82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Indygirl!
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Also I just started using it at home on my elliptical. Calories spent from HRM are less than the elliptical machine and even those are less than on the MFP site, (which I'm not sure if it takes your gender, weight or age into effect). This could be why I am not loosing as fast as I believed I should.

I have to agree that the calories burned using a HRM Vs. ellipical/MFP are MUCH less. The elliptical was giving me well over 600 for 60 minutes, MFP would give right around 600, HRM more like 350-400. I am in decent shape, I've been running for years and doing cardio since my early 20's. Not sure if its just that I'm conditioned or is there a problem with the HRM?