Dec challenge anyone?

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Well today's the day for the December challenge!! I will be having sweets today but I'm going to try not to have anymore till next Saturday. Good luck you guys!

Yeah, DAY 1 - workout DOWN (Spinning)!!! I'm not going to Spinning tomorrow morning but would like to take a fast walk in the evening (on my own with just my iPod and my thoughts)! If I start my week on Saturday, then that counts, though unless I am out of town or sick, I go to Spinning on Saturdays. They just changed it, too, so starting next Saturday, it's 75 minutes instead of 60 (same price) :happy:
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I want to modify mine a bit:

1st-I'm sticking to my goal about getting 5 servings of veggies + fruit everyday, as well as limiting my ice cream intake to just once a day and only after I get my veggies.

2nd-I'm also sticking to the original plan of shooting for at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. At 37 weeks, I'm finding this is truly "a challenge"...unless, of course, I include getting off the sofa...or bed...or tying my own pair of shoes as exercise...which feels "countable," but really isn't. Sigh.

3rd-I'm going to stick to my maintenance + 300 calories as religiously as I possibly can until my baby boy is born (and unless he's a late one, that'll be this month). I'm also going to stop weighing myself everyday, and limit it to the one day each week I will get weighed at the doctor's office. I think weighing myself everyday at this point is just serving to stress me out...AND I should trust that if I am actually eating right and exercising, everything will be fine for the next few weeks in the weight department. (So, number 3 is kind of a mental health challenge for me.)
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am down for a December challenge! I would like to get 3-4 servings of fruit and veggies each day, continue taking my Zumba class once per week and walk/ jog a total of 9 miles per week. Good luck everyone! Happy 12/1!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    2 mile walk down, 6 cups of water down, fruits and veggies down (though I think I might have a green smoothie later to boost it a little more)

LETS DO THIS!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well today's the day for the December challenge!! I will be having sweets today but I'm going to try not to have anymore till next Saturday. Good luck you guys!

Yeah, DAY 1 - workout DOWN (Spinning)!!! I'm not going to Spinning tomorrow morning but would like to take a fast walk in the evening (on my own with just my iPod and my thoughts)! If I start my week on Saturday, then that counts, though unless I am out of town or sick, I go to Spinning on Saturdays. They just changed it, too, so starting next Saturday, it's 75 minutes instead of 60 (same price) :happy:

Score!!! You go girl!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    I want to modify mine a bit:

1st-I'm sticking to my goal about getting 5 servings of veggies + fruit everyday, as well as limiting my ice cream intake to just once a day and only after I get my veggies.

2nd-I'm also sticking to the original plan of shooting for at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. At 37 weeks, I'm finding this is truly "a challenge"...unless, of course, I include getting off the sofa...or bed...or tying my own pair of shoes as exercise...which feels "countable," but really isn't. Sigh.

3rd-I'm going to stick to my maintenance + 300 calories as religiously as I possibly can until my baby boy is born (and unless he's a late one, that'll be this month). I'm also going to stop weighing myself everyday, and limit it to the one day each week I will get weighed at the doctor's office. I think weighing myself everyday at this point is just serving to stress me out...AND I should trust that if I am actually eating right and exercising, everything will be fine for the next few weeks in the weight department. (So, number 3 is kind of a mental health challenge for me.)

I agree with your #3! My weight fluctuates from day to day so there's no point in stressing about it lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Here're my goals:

1. Continue walking at least 30 minutes per day (really aiming closer to 45 mins)

2. DO NOT overdo sodium anymore. My feet are so prone to swelling now.

3. Stick to my calorie goals with as much home-cooked quality food as possible.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Here're my goals:

1. Continue walking at least 30 minutes per day (really aiming closer to 45 mins)

2. DO NOT overdo sodium anymore. My feet are so prone to swelling now.

3. Stick to my calorie goals with as much home-cooked quality food as possible.

Great goals! I'm with you on the sodium!! Although I drink plenty more water than necessary, sodium is a pregnant chicks nightmare!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    2 mile walk down, 6 cups of water down, fruits and veggies down (though I think I might have a green smoothie later to boost it a little more)

LETS DO THIS!

Awesome!

I had a whole can of veggies yesterday (I know, I know, sodium in the canned veggies, but for some reason I really wanted them), so that's 3.5 servings. I also had two clementines, so I think that's 4.5, I guess, since clementines are pretty small.

Fruits and veggies weren't even one of my goals, but I did it! Today, not so much (so far), but then again I spent all morning in court :frown:

I did not work out yesterday but plan on walking tonight :glasses:
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    got the veggies in so far today, plus my walk, and I think I'm on taget for water (terrible about logging it), just gotta get my fruit in when I get home. How you all been doing?

For me, I think this challenge will improve my nutritional intake but I'm not so sure about keeping weight gain in check hehe
  • RBXChas
    Options
    got the veggies in so far today, plus my walk, and I think I'm on taget for water (terrible about logging it), just gotta get my fruit in when I get home. How you all been doing?

For me, I think this challenge will improve my nutritional intake but I'm not so sure about keeping weight gain in check hehe

Good for you! I haven't been able to work out since Saturday morning. My husband has been sick with the flu, which means that I have to handle our son 100% on my own to keep them apart. (Both our son and I have had the flu shot, so hopefully we're in the clear - my husband had hemmed and hawed about getting his...) During the week that means that I have to be home in case he needs something (my son, not my husband), since my husband is off-limits. In other words, I would normally work out after he's gone to sleep, but since I have to stick around that's been hard, since I don't like doing indoor workouts. However, maybe I just need to suck it up and do an indoor workout! I want to try 10-minute prenatal pilates.
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm a little late on this but here are my goals, and I've been doing pretty darn well on them so far this month!

1. Do walk/jog 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each, plus extra walks and yoga or pilates as I can fit in.

2. Consume at least 80 grams of protein a day, shoot for 100 grams if I can!

3. Consume at least 100% of calcium per day, shoot for 120% or more if I can!

4. Consume at least 5 fruits and vegetables per day.

5. Do not exceed my maintenance calories per day. (I'm only 5 weeks pregnant)

6. No more than 2 cups of tea with caffeine per week. No other caffeine!

7. No more than 1 or 2 sweets per week.

Tall order, but I can do it!
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in!

- Exercise at least 5 days a week, at least 30 minutes. I typically do group classes at the gym Monday-Thursday (unless I have a doc appointment), so I need to pick up an extra day so I'm not going 4 days straight then 3 days off.

- Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 3 servings of veggies each day (mac n cheese and pizza are so good right now).

- If I get fast food, I will get a side salad instead of fries.

- Sit on my stability ball for 1/3 to 1/2 of my work day, Mon-Fri
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

Good for you! I haven't been able to work out since Saturday morning. My husband has been sick with the flu, which means that I have to handle our son 100% on my own to keep them apart. (Both our son and I have had the flu shot, so hopefully we're in the clear - my husband had hemmed and hawed about getting his...) During the week that means that I have to be home in case he needs something (my son, not my husband), since my husband is off-limits. In other words, I would normally work out after he's gone to sleep, but since I have to stick around that's been hard, since I don't like doing indoor workouts. However, maybe I just need to suck it up and do an indoor workout! I want to try 10-minute prenatal pilates.

Did you get an indoor workout in. Do it mama, the baby will thank you! :)
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies! Those are some great goals ladies! I have thought about bring a yoga ball to work to sit on. And I agree, mac and cheese and pizza is soooooooo yummy! I used to love fruits and veggies but now it's a chore to get them in
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    I did two miles jogging/ walking intervals yesterday with my youngest in the jogging stroller. I also did 2 miles the day before. I would like to get another 2 or 3 miles in today. I am also trying to make sure I drink my water all day! I never start drinking water until after noon! It sounds like you ladies are doing a fabulous job!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    I did two miles jogging/ walking intervals yesterday with my youngest in the jogging stroller. I also did 2 miles the day before. I would like to get another 2 or 3 miles in today. I am also trying to make sure I drink my water all day! I never start drinking water until after noon! It sounds like you ladies are doing a fabulous job!

I really want to know how women go jogging while pregnant. I had big plans of continuing jogging while pregnant but I feel like I need to hold my bell in order to run (then again I have a very bouncy run)
  • nursenikki829
    Options

I really want to know how women go jogging while pregnant. I had big plans of continuing jogging while pregnant but I feel like I need to hold my bell in order to run (then again I have a very bouncy run)

I am just trucking through it... yesterday, my biggest problem was heart burn while running, but I am actually surprised that my bladder tone is still so good after already having 3 babies. I do the intervals with walking to help with the pelvic pressure and to keep my heart rate down.
  • Erin1712
    Erin1712 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just realized I had posted in the wrong group.
  • RBXChas
    Options

Did you get an indoor workout in. Do it mama, the baby will thank you! :)

No, I didn't - but today my son's preschool has a half day. I will be picking him up then taking him home for a nap, but after that I want to go to the park to walk around.