Hi everyone! :)

Options
Hey there! My name is Amanda Lee and I am SO ready for a change :) I need to lose 100+ pounds and I am ready to dig in deep and FINALLY do it! I have wasted 24 and 1/2 years, I'm not willing to waste another day!

PLEASE feel free to add me!! I need and want as much support as possible. I love supporting and motivating others as well. I believe this site is an amazing resource and we can succeed if we pull together :)

I don't want a quick fix, I HATE the word diet and I refuse to live the rest of my life telling myself I can't eat pizza. I plan on doing this the natural way by controlling portion sizes, keeping a food journal and exercising. This is a complete lifestyle change for me.

My goal is to eventually lose a total of 135 pounds but I know I need to start with baby steps. Honestly the day I weigh in under 200 pounds I will be on cloud nine. I can't wait, but I'm also excited for the journey as well. I love the support and encouragement I get from the friends I've found on this site! Please don't be afraid to add me, talk to me or get to know me better.

A little bit about me:

The last time I was a healthy weight was in second grade. I started to gain weight in third/fourth grade after some traumatic experiences and have been overweight ever since.When I first started college I lost quite a bit of weight but I didn't even notice somehow. Everyone kept telling me I looked great but I didn't see it. Well NOW I do and I'm fighting to get back to that! Over the years I have been steadily gaining weight and it needs to stop NOW. I am ready to take control of my life and live it the way I should!! :)

Random stuff about me:

*Likes*
-cooking
-kids
-animals
-candles
-shopping (not for clothes yet though!)
-chilling at home
-sleeping in
-cleaning
-teaching
-reading
-music
-anything that smells good
-Bath and Body Works
-the feeling you have after a good workout
-getting mail
-pinterest
-random road trips
-good conversations
-spending time with my parents and my 15 year old sister
-decorating and rearranging my apartment

*Dislikes*
-rude,close minded, mean or judgmental people
-anything that smells
-my apartment being dirty
-bugs
-fish
-snakes
-losing things (drives me CRAZY haha)
-alarm clocks
-people who have control issues (power struggles are a huge pet peeve of mine)
-when technology doesn't work

I could go on forever so if you feel the need to get to know me, just add me and ask away!!! :)

http://pinterest.com/amandalee525/body-mind-inspiration/

Why I Want To Get In Shape:
I want to get in shape for so many reasons. I am tired of relying on food as my outlet. I am tired of not liking what I see when I look in the mirror. I am tired of feeling like a failure because I always slip back into my old ways. I want my family to be proud of me and most importantly I want to be HEALTHY. I want to be around for as long as possible and I would like to have a family one day. This is the first step to changing my life :)

Please feel free to add me! I would love to help you with your journey as well!! :D

Replies

• lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amanda! Glad to see here and I hope our group can be a supportive environment for you!
  • roundtherink
    Options
    Welcome to the group Amanda! Everyone here is super nice and VERY supportive. :)