Rookie Questions

Options
carriea67
carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
Hi Everyone!

So I am in my first week of Stage One and have some rookie questions:

1. For the sets, do you use the same weight for both or increase for the second set?

2. For squats, which version?

I think I may count this week as my "figuring it out" week and officially start next week. I am not new to lifting but haven't concentrated on it as much lately so I feel like I am starting over with figuring out how heavy I can go.

Thanks!

Replies

• gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So I am in my first week of Stage One and have some rookie questions:

1. For the sets, do you use the same weight for both or increase for the second set?

2. For squats, which version?

I think I may count this week as my "figuring it out" week and officially start next week. I am not new to lifting but haven't concentrated on it as much lately so I feel like I am starting over with figuring out how heavy I can go.

Thanks!

First off welcome! Glad to see you, feel free to add me, and I know you will love NROL. I have just started Stage two myself.

as for weight I only added in my second set if what I loaded was too easy. Otherwise I just added weight each new session and was consistent on both, or all three, sets. if that makes sense. You want to be challenged but still able to perform your sets each time.

the squat you start with is the barbell squat. the others come into play in the other stages.

Good luck! be sure to chime in on your stage thread or in the daily thread above! again...welcome!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    as for weight I only added in my second set if what I loaded was too easy. Otherwise I just added weight each new session and was consistent on both, or all three, sets. if that makes sense. You want to be challenged but still able to perform your sets each time.

This is what I did too. :)
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The squats have been interesting..I see some You-Tube viewing in my future :). But my legs are sore so I am doing something right.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The squats have been interesting..I see some You-Tube viewing in my future :). But my legs are sore so I am doing something right.

ah yes...the motion of sitting down, or on the toilet, makes my legs SCREAM after a good squat workout. :laugh:
  • stork32
    Options
    I did the first workout yesterday....and yes. Going up the stairs, sitting down to pee, and standing up from my desk are quite the challenge today......*phew*