Chalean Extreme Starting December 10 or anytime mid-December

Options
I'm looking for some friends to start on December 10th. I'm finishing up my first 90 day program (JMBR) next week. Friend me or post on here.

Replies

• gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am in... I think I am going to do Hybrid of some sort with TurboFire. (Going on a cruise the first week of February so hoping to see some body fat lost by then!)
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about the hybrid as well, but I thought I might be pushing it since I haven't done either. I have both.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start Dec 10! Feel free to add me!
  • Indigo_Girl
    Options
    I'm starting today, will let you know how the first workout went ;)
  • yonderway
    yonderway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am finishing my first round of CLX this week and starting CLX/TF (Janelle's Hybrid) on Dec. 10th. So excited!
  • Indigo_Girl
    Options
    So I just finished the first Burn workout. And it wasn't that bad at all. I did sweat a bit, but that's due to the high temperature in my bedroom. I used 12pound weights for squats and bench press, and I think I'll go higher next time. For the lunge with core rotation, I used 18lbs. For all the rest I used 11lbs. I will up the weights on everything except for posterior fly, 11lbs i my max at the moment, I might even lower that to 10.

I did 7 proper push-ups, and 5 girly ones :)

Mt HRM says I lost 350kcal. In any case, I think I did pretty well and am looking forward to Saturday!
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    I did Burn 1 today. I have to get used to the slower pace of strength training. So far so good. I used between 5-15 pound weights today.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I have to consciously make myself move slowly in the weight training workouts. I definitely feel it when I do it right!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I started CLX on 12/8 so I am right there with you. This will be my first round of CLX but I have previously completed a round of Insanity, a round of Lindsay Brin's 60 Day Slimdown, and three rounds of Supreme 90 Day. First week is almost done and so far so good, just have to make sure I go slowly :laugh:
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    So far so good, I like the the 3 burn videos and I thought the burn intervals video was fun!! Looking forward to the Burn It Off and Recharge tomorrow!
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started clx last week; did burn 1 and 2. The slow pace feels weird, but I could really feel it in my biceps and inner thighs a day or two afterward. This week my goal is to follow the schedule and do the workouts everyday - hope to see results for a trip to Mexico in February!
  • gatx
    Options
    Did my first Burn 1 tonight. Definitely a slower pace after finishing JMBR but good. I think I went too light on my weights but I will figure it out.
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    Welcome Gatx. Do you have the sheets to record your weights and reps used (if not, google it)? I put a little UP arrow by the sets I felt I could go up on the next time.

It's definitely much slower paced than JMBR, I'm starting to get used to it. =)
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    Just about to finish up my first month. So far so good. I'm enjoying the program but I feel like I haven't been the best with my diet during holidays so the results this month are not going to be what they should be. I'm still planning on taking pictures and measurements this weekend.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I had to add my own cardio to get much results out of the first month. The second month certainly picks up though! I really liked Push. I am in Lean now and think it's the toughest but so worth it.
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    So far so good with Push 1. I'm always worried about my form. I stick my butt out as far as I can when doing all the squats but I worry about using my back too much.
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    I will be starting Push on Sat. I am excited. But I too worry about my squats. No matter how far I do push my butt back I often feel it in my quads not in my hamstrings and butt (which is where I need it the most! :laugh:)

Heidi - I am right there with you tough about not doing a good job with the diet over the holidays so I am sure my results will be skewed.
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    Week 2 of Push is going well. I wanted to try increasing weights on a lot the sets but I couldn't do it on very many on Push 2. I feel like I did "push" myself just to do what I did last week. Hopefully next week I can move up 2.5lbs on some of the exercise.

I'm doing cardio before my Push videos because I'm not getting a great HRM detectable burn. I need to have a HR average of greater than 111 in order to get credit from my work program for a "workout".
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Yeah my burn is really low on the Push videos except for the leg moves. Those have my heart rate soaring! Just finished all the push videos for the first time and I know I need to increase the weights on lots of the moves. I think I like push 2 the best which is funny since I liked burn 2 the best of that phase :)
  • gatx
    Options
    I agree about 'missing' the burn. But in New Rules of WL for Women they want you to start to focus on the anerobic benefits and not the aerobic benefits... I am not there yet! I like seeing the higher number burned and then eating those suckers back! ha!

I do not like the single leg lunges/squats. Chalene says to 'frame the leg' with the weights but I feel like i focus on that and lose my form. Like you I feel like I stick my bum really far out... but framing the knee is never comfortable for me, and has caused some sharp pain in my knees. I've been looking at youtube to find some alternatives to holding the weight right next to the knee.

I do need some heavier weights... just trying to find a good bargain!