Weight accountability log - Week 12

Options
airboy1952
airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
Fellow challengers,

Today I weighed it at exactly the same number as a week ago. Here's the short version:

Tuesday 9/11/2012: weight = 177.0 lb
Tuesday 11/28/2012, weight = 163.7, 13.3 lb lost since beginning of Ultra Challenge
Tuesday 12/4/2012, weight = 163.7, 13.3 lb lost since beginning of Ultra Challenge

I'm not using my legs much in this week's exercise sessions due to a strained calf muscle, and as a consequence I perspired less in today's Killer B session than it last week's --- which means that I lost less water weight during today's session than I did last week. With this in mind, my "true" weight is probably down slightly compared to last week, which is good news.

I still have 1.1 lb to go to reach my goal of 162.6 lb. I'm borrowing a page from Heather's playbook and extending my target date for that weight to December 16th. That will take me beyond the Ultra Challenge, and into what I'll call the "Ultra Challenge Extreme Sudden-Death Overtime on Ice" for short.

Excelsior!

Cheers,
Roger

Replies

• palheather
    Options
    Well, today is my birthday and I was looking forward to seeing a great number of the scale. I have been working out hard and have severely restricted my carb intake. Unfortunately, it appears that my nemesis has won this week's battle.

Wednesday 11/21?/12 143.4 lbs
    Wednesday 11/28/12 139.8 lbs (down 3.6 lbs)
    Wednesday 12/5/12 142.2 lbs (UP 2.4 lbs)

Obviously, this is extremely frustrating. I did have some salty foods last night (and I didn't weigh myself after a run, like I did last Wednesday morning) but cannot imagine that those factors account for that much of a gain. Not what I wanted for a bday present. I'll be carbing it up today. And starting fresh tomorrow. Stupid scale.

Cheers,
    Heather
  • airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Heather --- but boo to your scale! There is no way on Earth you could really have gone up by 2.4 lbs in the past week, so this is almost certainly an artifact of not having run just before today's weigh-in. So go celebrate!
  • browninsb
    Options
    Today is my strength challenge day! We are almost done! It's been pretty amazing to work with so many awesome folks. I'm excited to see how we'll do.

I've been eating within my calorie range, staying within my weight range and working close to my burned calories of 2000.

I just went shopping with my sister and got medium tops and size 6 bottoms. FUN!!!

Need to sleep more and stress less.

What a fun crowd we are!

Happy belated and hang in with the ouchy calf!

Happy Thursday,
    MEB