When your numbers are soo much higher than you thought??

Options
aeich8899
aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
So starting second day with this thing, and at 1.0 METs i burn 2.0 kcal. that's 2880 a day without any activity...That is so much more than I thought I would be burning. My sleep got messed up last night says I only slept 2:11, but I slept more like 6 hours. I know I move a lot and that registered as steps, but I'm not really worried about steps at the moment. Did anyone else get surprised by the numbers that they were pulling in?

Replies

• frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah~! And I had a night where it said I got 3 hrs. of sleep, I was so surprised! I think (not sure?) maybe my arm band wasn't tight enough, because it said I was lying there for multiple hours but not asleep. Is that what yours looked like? I just figured out you can click on the white arrows on the left side of the activity manager, and it will give you more details.
  • frosty73
    Options
    The other thing that surprised me is how quickly my body adapts to fewer calories. :sad: Within a day my calories burned dropped, and I'm sure it's because my body is conserving energy while I'm trying to eat less. It is truly amazing!
  • aeich8899
    Options
    nope no gray for me it looks like i was awake. but when you look at the calorie graph theres a few spikes, but its pretty flat.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also had to adjust my goal calories, as I was NEVER going to reach the 3500 total at this point in the game. I'm sure I'm going to adjust later as I slowly increase my activity & intake.

My sleep has been very accurate. Is the position of your BMF correct (logo up & monitor on side/back of arm)?
  • aeich8899
    Options
    Have you thought of calorie cycling to keep your body guessing?
  • aeich8899
    Options
    I'm pretty sure its right, it might have slipped a bit last night, but still was pointing i the right direction(see what i did there??)
  • lisab0864
    Options
    I wish I would have had my BMF before I lost 35 pounds............can't even imagine what I was burning then... Flip side is that even though "I didn't eat that much cuz I don't snack, etc " (you know those stories you tell yourself and others), my calories consumed must have been crazy high (especially compared to now @ 60 lbs less).
    For me 1 met is just over 1 calorie (like 1.05)/minute burned -- burn about .9 while sleeping.. My "favorite" (sarcasm) thing to be told is that I can eat "whatever I want" cuz "my metabolism is cranked up". Actually getting kinda tired of hearing that and the next person who says it to me will be told the reality -- I eat what I can (they eat what they want) and I do burn alot of calories (for my weight) cuz I don't sit on my *kitten* all day.
  • aeich8899
    Options
    I hate when people say that too. Right now I'm shooting for 1800 calories consumed which also lines up with my tdee calculation. It's hard to get that many some days, but hey just keep trying right?
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    nope no gray for me it looks like i was awake. but when you look at the calorie graph theres a few spikes, but its pretty flat.

It could have lost contact with your skin.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    At the suggestion of a friend on facebook, I wear it on my calf at night. It wasn't registering a lot of my sleep--white spaces--but I think it's because I move a lot and it was losing contact with my arm. Much more accurate on my leg for sleep.

Really wish I had your problem--I have to move all day to get anywhere near as high as you, but mostly it's because I'm small and old, I think (5'3", 47, and at goal, 110 lbs.). My highest burn in the 10 months I've been wearing it was just over 2700, and I rarely get much over 2500. I'm set at 2250 for my goal right now because that's about what I average per day.
  • frosty73
    Options
    Funny thing is, last night it registered my sleep normally until 4:30 AM, then it says I was "awake" although my calorie burn clearly shows I was sleeping for another hour. It's like I just jumped outta my skin or something! The weird thing is that it was still registering my calorie burn, so I guess I have to figure out why the sleep numbers are inaccurate. Maybe I'll try the calf thing.
  • aeich8899
    Options
    Riddle me this.. I know its still getting a feel for me or whatever but look at this screen shot , which it wont let me post so i'm saving it and putting it in my pics on here.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, last night it registered my sleep normally until 4:30 AM, then it says I was "awake" although my calorie burn clearly shows I was sleeping for another hour. It's like I just jumped outta my skin or something! The weird thing is that it was still registering my calorie burn, so I guess I have to figure out why the sleep numbers are inaccurate. Maybe I'll try the calf thing.
    It will guesstimate your numbers when off body