I absolutely hate cutting my calories.

Options
I love food, as most of the people in this group most likely do. But food is my friend... I eat it when I'm bored and when I'm hungry. And when I think about not eating, I want to eat more. Because it makes me miss my friend.

As of lately, I've been eating a pretty clean, vegetarian diet. I've been getting about 2400-2200 cals in a day, and I've been bouncing around the same few numbers on the scale. My measurements also have stayed the same. I'm guessing this is probably my TDEE no matter how many times I put numbers in to spreadsheets and such. I actually went through and did how many calories I had averaged in 30 days and it had been about 2370. Which is kind of ironic because that's exactly what MFP had me at.

But anyway.

I hate cutting. I just want to eat food. It tastes so good, haha.

Before I started the whole EM2WL philosophy about two months ago, I was eating anywhere from 1400 to 1600 net cals. My BMR is around 1700. I did that for about 3 months. At first I felt full eating this amount of food (2200-2400 cals) but now I just eat that much and I still feel hungry. I've been going back and forth between reset and cutting because I can't decide which one I want to do... when I cut my calories, I just want more. When I don't.. well, idk, I don't lose weight and I don't like that.

So do you think I'm technically doing a reset even though I'm not convinced myself I'm doing a reset? lol

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Cutting cals sucks big time. :grumble: Your body usually adapts to it, though.

Do you have any device (BMF/Fitbit, etc) to go off of other than the online calcs? I found my TDEE in a similar way to what you said you did (without the online calcs): I found the number that I was *actually* maintaining at, and worked from there. Eventually I was able to get it up to the # the calcs said, but that was after reset and a few bulks.

If you aren't doing a reset, then your body will pretty much pick whatever the highest level of cals that you give it, and just maintain there. Our bodies adapt quite easily. So it could likely be that your *technical* TDEE is currently 2400ish, even if it *should* be higher. So, if there is no planned reset, then yes, you *are* doing a reset. Just to a lower #. (In which case, if you're not willing to go up to the actual #, you would have to cut further for your body to respond in scale loss :sad: )

I typically always recommend going up in cals before going down, but there are so many factors involved (macros, where you ever losing at the current intake, logging accuracy, exercise regimen, etc)

Hope that makes sense...I'm so tired that I'm afraid it won't :yawn: LOL

~Kiki
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I hear ya. Cutting cals sucks big time. :grumble: Your body usually adapts to it, though.

Do you have any device (BMF/Fitbit, etc) to go off of other than the online calcs? I found my TDEE in a similar way to what you said you did (without the online calcs): I found the number that I was *actually* maintaining at, and worked from there. Eventually I was able to get it up to the # the calcs said, but that was after reset and a few bulks.

If you aren't doing a reset, then your body will pretty much pick whatever the highest level of cals that you give it, and just maintain there. Our bodies adapt quite easily. So it could likely be that your *technical* TDEE is currently 2400ish, even if it *should* be higher. So, if there is no planned reset, then yes, you *are* doing a reset. Just to a lower #. (In which case, if you're not willing to go up to the actual #, you would have to cut further for your body to respond in scale loss :sad: )

I typically always recommend going up in cals before going down, but there are so many factors involved (macros, where you ever losing at the current intake, logging accuracy, exercise regimen, etc)

Hope that makes sense...I'm so tired that I'm afraid it won't :yawn: LOL

~Kiki

I have an HRM, but I know wearing that all day would not be an accurate way to measure my TDEE. I'm thinking about getting a FitBit though. Or something along those lines.

Because I usually work on the weekends at McDonald's (about 6-8 hr shifts) and I am going to try to plan on going to the gym three times a week. So I find that fairly active. I want to be able to eat the most food I can possible and still lose weight. haha.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Oh, and yes, you did make sense! I am going to try to to a forrizzle reset. Maybe I'll only have it last like 4-6 wks since I'm not coming from a VLCD. Just to see where that puts me. and then cut form there. I would love to go out and buy a FitBit... maybe Christmas... >.> -looks to .... someone in my family who might have money but God only knows who....nope. no one. lol-
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I hate cutting too!

I went up to TDEE on 01 October and I have no intentions of going back to a cut any time soon. I figure I'm on an 'extended reset' and will cut when I feel ready mentally and physically.

Also, I have a fitbit I use in conjuntion with a HRM and I love it for the confirmation of my calorie burns. It's really helped me believe in the process more than just going by the online calcs.