New Challenges

Options
Okay, these have been the suggestions from group members for challenges:

1. Get at least 6 hours of sleep every night.
2. Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables (as the USDA recommends)
3. Avoid the scale for a whole week
4. Working out in the morning for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week (avoid the late-nighters that we tend to excuse ourselves from!)
5. No eating past 8 p.m. (helps avoid late-night snacking!)
6. lean green dinner: lean protein with a green vegetable for dinner.
7. no soda (diet or regular)
8. Stay under 25 grams of Sugar every day
9. 10 minute workout in the morning 30 sec of cardio 30 sec Strength training.
10. Replace 2 meals with a whey protein shake or protein shake of your choice.
11. Bring your lunch to work challenge. (love it, momwassix!)

Feel free to add more to the list.

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I already do some of these challenge ideas right now(exercise, no eating after 8, no soda).

here are my votes:

2 & 3

i am having trouble w/ the 6 hrs of sleep. have a 3 yr old that is still sleep eating on me. lol but I am willing to try.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Tabbykat, I totally understand your challenge. Our 4 year old and one year old are usually co-sleeping with us. Last night I had the 7 year old on my feet. Silly kids!
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think number 3 is a good challenge. I know I have really been trying to replace most of my drinks with water instead and have been doing pretty well, but don't always drink as much as I should/could.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would vote for 2, 3, & 6. I humbly beg that we not do the workout for a certain amount of time in the morning...i have to get up at 3 to get to work on time, and I'm just not sure I can make myself get up at 2 to squeeze in a workout! ;)
  • hmbrandon
    Options
    Looks like we have a lot of water-challenged folks! I admit I am on that wagon as well. :)
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hmm good ideas! If I had to pick a few to challenge my self, I think I would choose...

2, 4, 5 & 6. I already(try hehe) do a few of the others :)
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I can do 1,2,3,6.Jumping jack great idea. The after 8 thing varies due to late meeting after work.

here some challenge suggestions

10 minute workout in the morning 30 sec of cardio 30 sec Strength training.

Replace 2 meals with a whey protein shake or protein shake of your choice.

Bring your lunch to work challenge.

lean green dinner lean protein with a green vegetable for dinner.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Tabbykat, I totally understand your challenge. Our 4 year old and one year old are usually co-sleeping with us. Last night I had the 7 year old on my feet. Silly kids!

my cat cosleeps with me and scratches me in my sleep lol.
  • Momwasix
    Options

2. Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables (as the USDA recommends)
    3. Drink at least 72 oz. of water. (Let's add in that extra glass!)
    4. Working out in the morning for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week (avoid the late-nighters that we tend to excuse ourselves from!)
    6. 50 Jumping Jacks in the morning and 50 at night

Here are the votes so far ( I will edit the #'s as people respond, so don't be surprised if you see them change!):

1. 2
    2. 6
    3. 8
    4. 3
    5. 5

I doubt anyone would go for number 8 lol.
  • hmbrandon
    Options

3. Drink at least 72 oz. of water. (Let's add in that extra glass!)
    6. 50 Jumping Jacks in the morning and 50 at night

Here are the votes so far ( I will edit the #'s as people respond, so don't be surprised if you see them change!):

1. 2
    2. 6
    3. 8
    4. 3
    5. 5

I doubt anyone would go for number 8 lol.

That was my vote, lol, have some major sugar probs as the holidays bear down on us!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    the reason I would not vote for 8 is that natural sugar in fruits show up the same as processed sugars which I don't agree with. If there were a way to seperate the two I wouldn't mind that one but there isn't.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    the reason I would not vote for 8 is that natural sugar in fruits show up the same as processed sugars which I don't agree with. If there were a way to seperate the two I wouldn't mind that one but there isn't.

Right i don't understand why not there so much technology out here.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Since macros seem to be my challenge how about 2 days out of a week we eat a macronutrient change for example if your setting is mfp defult then do 50 carb 30 fat 20 protein. Or 40/40/20 or 35/35/30.Sometimes changing up our macronutrients can help you find your sweet spot.
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10. I'm not doing 8 because I'm hypoglycemic and if I don't have enough sugar, I'll go comma and 11 because I'm not working at the moment. I'll do 1 because my six hours need to be at NIGHT. I keep sleeping at bad times and have no set sleep schedule. I do not eat enough fruit because it costs too much, no "but fast food is more" speeches please because I don't eat out. The only food I even eat out is subway plain turkey, no mayo when my mother brings me one which is rare. I need to avoid the scale because just like a Japanese teen, I hit the scale at least twice a day. I'm a freak for it and if my weight fluxes at all I either starve myself or workout too much till I cramp. I really need to start working out when I get up so my shower actually means something instead of showering only to be sweaty again in two hours. I always snack past the two hours before bed margin and I need to stop. Seven really isn't an issue, but when someone brings me a soda, I can't help but drink it. This is again, rare, but I need to really cut it out totally. Again, need to have a set work out in the morning for 9. I have slim-fast in my cupboard and most of the time I eat it for two meals, but some days I'm naughty and don't drink it at all, so I need to work on that. I really hope this group helps me! o(^w^*)o
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options

thanks for these challenge,
    i am shooting for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,
    8 is probably hard for me but will try today.
    thanks

• momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options

looking forward to accomplish 2,4,5,6 today,
    have them wrtten down :)