1st week

Options
jl300
jl300 Posts: 33 Member
Just finished my first week of insanity! Hopefully I am not sore after the plyometric workout tomorrow--I was a little sore after the first one

Replies

• tammatha1
    tammatha1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just finished the fit test and realized that this is a killer workout. I feel good that I got through, but crappy because I thought I would have done better. Either way, I am looking forward to ploymetric cardio tomorrow. Have fun all!
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That's what makes the next fit test so great! Seeing what a few weeks can do! I am on day 3 (well will be tonight) and I am SO SORE! But I WILL push through! Hoping for less interuptions tonight too. It took me longer to finish last nights due to phone ringing, dinner cooking, and my DD. But I GOT IT DONE!! To me that's all that matters.

I know that its intended to get it all done one right after the other, but to me, going from not exercising to this ANY workout drawn out or not is good!

I will let you know how I feel on sunday (THE DAY OF REST!!) :happy:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to even come close to keeping up with Plyo last night so I was just happy to complete the workout. I need to remember to pace myself this first week. I'm so focused on pushing myself that I need to take a step back and just get use to the program.
  • smileMOR
    Options
    i've re-started insanity i think 3 times? haha.
    im starting again today, and hoping i will finish this time.
    ^^ scratch that
    and I SHALL finish this time. :happy: woop woop!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Day two done and I have doms from hell!
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    Day 3 is done. I get so excited to do the workout, then during the warm up I'm cursing myself. When it's all over, I feel great and thankful I stuck with it.

V push ups, what the v-uck?? I don't think I did them correctly, it's an awkward push up.
  • jl300
    jl300 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think the V had to do with your hand position maybe-- I've only done that workout once so I don't quite remember. But I think as long as your are pushing yourself its ok to modify a bit. I hope it is at least. my upper body is pretty weak, so the pushups are hell. I do a few each set and then do girly pushups on my knees. The moving pushups don't really seem to work that way though, so I just keep doing my modified pushups. its still difficult so i think it counts!
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I just kept re-positioning until I felt a burning sensation in my shoulders.

I'm just getting to the point where I can do about 10 real push ups before I have to go to my knees.
  • tammatha1
    Options
    You ladies are giving me something to look forward too tomorrow. V-pushup's eh? Well, bring it on. I know that I am not going to like it, but I'll do my best. I have a lower back issue, so a lot of the jumping exercises I have modified so that there is no pain for day 2. I just have to keep that in mind as I go. And no differently than anyone else, I too had to stop a couple of times this morning. I just couldn't keep up. But I made it through, and that is what counts. It's worth it to feel the way I feel right now. So exhilirated. And that is why I keep it up. That "gee, I'm so proud of me" feeling. Makes every sore I feel worth it. :smooched:
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    5 days down woot woot! I honestly did not want to do it yesterday but I got it done anyway and im so happy!
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    Great job you guys!! I LOVE having this here. I feel the same way, "UGH why am I thinking of doing this? Why AM I doing this?" Then when I am done, "WOW I'm glad that's over! I DID IT!"

I DO have to measure myself though! I know the last time I did the first few weeks I didn't lose a whole lot of weight in the beginning it was all inches. So I want a baseline on everything so I can keep track of it all and not get discouraged if the scale doesn't move.

HAPPY WORKOUTS!!
  • tammatha1
    Options
    I hear you Jilleebean. I measured myself yesterday to keep track of it all. And broke down and bought a heart rate monitor through Amazon. I am hoping that it helps with the calorie counting aspect for recording purposes. It's been a few hours since my 2nd workout, and I am feeling the muscles starting to seize a bit. I think I am going to have to get on my exercise bike tonight for 1/2 hour, just to work it out after work.

FYI, I am looking for like-minded friends here on MFP. Anyone interested? Please add me. It's great having a base to help me with the motivation! :smile:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I got a HRM and was very disapointed at first because it didn't really seem like it was necessary or useful with the program. Shawn says to check it and 'make sure you are safe' but i never really got within 10 bpm of my max heart rate. My max is something like 185 i think. I was able to routinely get 170s in the begining, now i'm lucky if i can sustain 160s for a few minutes. I guess that means i'm in better shape?

I ended up using it to make sure i was working hard enough... if look at it and its under a certain number then i know i got to pick up the pace/somehow work harder. Definetly useful but i wish i had spent a little more and got something that would automatically log and even sync with this site. there is at least one that does that.
  • tammatha1
    Options
    The one I ordered is supposed to be compatible with this site, so we will see. At least I hope so. I just want to be able to monitor correctly is all.
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I've ditched my HRM and I've been losing more by eating more. I'm following In Place of a Road Map, which has you eating more to lose BF and preserve lean muscle. The calorie math is nearly the same as the math in the Insanity Nutrition book (no more than 2100 cals on workout days, 1600 on the rest day) and I am already noticing differences in my body and weight.

The down side of HRMs & HIIT workouts is that you get more of a benefit the hours after the workout, but your HRM will only give you a snap shot of what's going on during the workout.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • tammatha1
    Options
    I've ditched my HRM and I've been losing more by eating more. I'm following In Place of a Road Map, which has you eating more to lose BF and preserve lean muscle. The calorie math is nearly the same as the math in the Insanity Nutrition book (no more than 2100 cals on workout days, 1600 on the rest day) and I am already noticing differences in my body and weight.

The down side of HRMs & HIIT workouts is that you get more of a benefit the hours after the workout, but your HRM will only give you a snap shot of what's going on during the workout.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Kel, thank you. I just took the time to read this through, and I really need to re-think how I am going about the eating side of this diet loss that I need to accomplish. Very interesting read, and I will be spending more time reviewing this on the weekend. Thank you for giving me something to think about.
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    I had my "recovery" last night.....UGH!! Recovery my *kitten*!! LOL It still feels good to get it done though!

How is everyone else out there doing??
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I had my "recovery" last night.....UGH!! Recovery my *kitten*!! LOL It still feels good to get it done though!

How is everyone else out there doing??
    My thighs were on fi-yar after that one, but the stretching felt nice.

Round 2 of Plyo today, eek!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    should have had recovery yesterday but i swapped it for a 5k/3mile in the park instead. Taking a rest day today and pure cardio tomorrow!

Hope everyone is getting on ok?

Anyone sore yet? I ache in places that i didnt know existed!
  • tammatha1
    Options
    I loved the recovery DVD. Now the core cardio on the other hand (day 5). That was NOT NICE. But I made it (kind of), and I can't remember when almost every muscle in my body ached as much as my body is right now. I truly am looking forward to Tuesday (the 7th day....complete rest....THANK YOU). I am noticing that I am able to get through the warmup better than the first day though. And that to me is great. All signs of improvement are welcome. :wink: