Is there a setting that factors in breastfeeding?

Options
Title says it all.

But since your here I have a few more questions.

What should the maximum defecit be?
What should I never do?
What should I do?

Replies

• Erin1712
    Erin1712 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you search breastfeeding in adding food you can find an option that suits your circumstance.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I personally use -300 because my daughter eats other food, but it'll be either -300 or -500. =)
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My midwife told me to eat at least 1800 calories a day while nursing, so I just set my calories to that. I lost over 70 pounds doing that. Now that my son is over 9 months old, I changed my calories to 1680 a day, but since I exercise most days and eat back at least some of my exercise calories, I still ended up eating between 1700 -2300 calories a day.
  • kikimama125
    Options
    I add in a cardio entry for breastfeeding, 500 calories and 1 min as to not mess with my workout time goals. My daughter is 2 mo. old and doesn't get bottles, I also pump enough for another baby so I also add a "pumping" cardio for 250 calories. As my supply regulates and my daughter starts solids/eats less I can adjust what I put in.

I have found I actually need to eat more when I stall out. Around 2000-2200 calories seems to be about right for right now. I also eat back some of my exercise calories. I have been limiting cardio and increasing weight training for now because I have a hard time eating enough while taking care of a newborn and a (almost) 2 year old.
  • jennberry3
    Options
    Thanks for asking this, I was just thinking about this.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Make sure you stay hydrated!